newbie question - wwor/ny

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabulano

Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I'm brand new here, so maybe the answer to this question is in another thread. If so, please direct me there.

Question - I have a high def unit and subscribe to the NY local stations. Everyting is fine except for a block of channels beginning with WWOR channel 9 through all the PBS stations. I get a searching for saetllite message for all of those channels. It is as if there is a blind spot there. I have reset (front panel and pulling the plug) and looked at the diagnostic screens.

I do not get this message anywher else. I get the other local channels (2, 4, 5, 7) and the premium stations that I subscribe to . The installer swapped the triple LNB with the same result.

Is this a dish positioning problem? If so, is it possible that these channels would be on a different bird? It would not make much sense because WWOR is a supersation and should be Available anywhere across the country. In other words - would these stations be transmitted though a narrow footprint beam where I'll have to tweak the dish position?

Thannks -
gb

Have you checked the signal strenth for ALL transponders on 101. All of the channels you mentioned are on a 101 spot beam, while NY 2,4,5 and 7 are on 101 CONUS. Even though WWOR and WPIX are Superstations D* does not offer them as such therefore WWOR 9 and WPIX 11 are treated the same as the other NYC locals that are not networks. I live on LI and I always get 100 on the spot beams. Therefore, the aim may be slightly off or you have a defective multiswitch or receiver. Did you check your connections. Also, when did you install this unit. Sometimes it takes 24 hours for the locals and RSNs to come up.

Thanks so much for your reply. You confirmed my suspicions about the spot beam. Tweaking the position to address the spot beam will solve the problem. It is more of a mustery than anything else. I can get some of the PBS stat6ions over the air, and of course can get PIX on my BUD.

I installed the little dish about 3 weeks ago. I'll try repositioning to get inside the beam.

gb

Another question...
are all trhe RSN's on spot beams? i won't be subscreibing till closer to the baseball season, so I don't see them now.

All of the RSN's are on 101 CONUS. BTW, what package do you subscibe to? If you live in the NY DMA and subscribe to Total Choice or above you should be receiving MSG 621, YES 622 and FSNY 624. If you should be receiving these channels and they are blacked out, you need to call D*. That mayalso account for why you are not receiving the NY locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)