Newbie questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
Thinking of switching from E* to DirectTV and have a couple of questions.
1. My neighbor is retired and has a winter home. He has a deal with DirectTV where he simply takes his receivers with him when he moves from one house to the other and his service is switched at no extra charge. I believe that he owns his equipment. As I understand it, new installations require a lease agreement. Could I get the same deal as my neighbor? (DISH will not allow leased equipment to be moved.)

2. I would want to get 1 HD-DVR receiver, 1 standard HD receiver, and 1 standard SD receiver. What cables are included with the receivers? Do the HD receivers come with HDMI cables? (I couldn't get the pdf spec. sheets from the DirectTV site to load.)

Thanks for any info.

1. I don't think that D* will change this ability as we move to lease, but that's JMO.

2. HD TiVo comes with both HDMI and HDMI>DVI cables, as well as a set of RCAs. I don't know what comes with non-DVR receivers.

the cables that come with the H20 are not quality cables. For around 20 bucks you can get quality cables to replace them. DEF worth the cost. check with the site sponsers to see wat prices they have. Mono price has good deals as well.

If you take your receivers with you all you have to do is call and tell them to switch your physical address. It will not be a problem but you may lose your locals if you are out of the local area. If you only plan to say go on vacation and are only going to stay in one place maybe a week are two than I would not even bother to call them, just take your receivers with you and hook them up and when you move back home do the same.

having trouble

I'm new to this site so please bare with me.O.k I have direct t.v, and I really want to set up my HD because I just got a new Samsung 30'' flat screen t.v. Now when the technician came to my apartment he said that he couldn't hang it up on the wall because due to the hurricanes and because the dish is so big it would blow a chunk off of the wall.So he said he was going to put it on a pole (because all of the dishes in my building is on the side on poles),but the pole that my original satillite was on was just too small. He said that if I were to ask Direct t.v to install it it would cost 100 dollars for the pole(in which u can get the same pole from Home Depot for $25)and they would charge me $52 an hou for labor.My question is how big is the pole that I have to get length and width. p.s. the technician on the phone told me 6ft long pole with the width of 1 1/4 inches.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)