Newbie to DirecTV need help with DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soestx

Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
I have recently rented an apartment that comes with DirectTV. The living room and the roommates bedroom have DVR's and I am looking to add one to my room where there currently is not even a receiver. I have seen the R10's for $99 and have thought maybe I should buy one, but really do not know what all will need to be done.

There is a switch with empty out feeds for the cables to supply to the R10, but is that all there is to it? Run two lines to the dvr, then a coaxial to the tv and plug them in and start watching? Being a renter and coming into a place where DirectTv already exists I am kind of lost about how to get everything working for a new room?

If I buy the unit, does there need to be any additional involvement from anyone else such as DirectTV or whoever opened the account?

Thanks!

well you are correct about your cable runs, most DVR's work best with 2 feeds, so keep that in mind.

Regarding others that might be involved. If you are tapping into someones existing D* account, the acct holder will need to contact D* to authorize the receiver for his/her account.

riggscm said:
well you are correct about your cable runs, most DVR's work best with 2 feeds, so keep that in mind.

Regarding others that might be involved. If you are tapping into someones existing D* account, the acct holder will need to contact D* to authorize the receiver for his/her account.

Right on Riggs...

Just get your DVR, and have the person who is on the D* account call to activate it, and you should be OK. Enjoy the new DVR. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)