Newbie to Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mraudit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Omaha, NE
Ok, I am making the switch to Directv due to us moving to Omaha, and they have the locals in HD there. Also, I am going to get the NFL package. Anyway, in looking at the forums, I have noticed many different numbers for their HD DVRs. Is there one I should ask for, or will I receive the most recent model? Also, I am going to get two of them, does this make any difference? One last question, sorry, do I still have to run two cables to this DVR?
Thanks,

Tim

The newest one is the hr21. More than likely that is what you will get. As far as 2 lines, I would run 2 just to be sure, the new dish may not be available in that market.

Last edited:
Regardless of how many receivers you have, make sure all four cables are run from the dish. This will make future upgrades a lot easier.

The new dish (Slimline) will be available to you as long as you get an HD rec.

Current HD rec's

H20-100, 600 (HD rec's) H21's
HR20-700, 100 (HD DVR's) HR21's

The H 21 series is the newest ones.
IF you need an OTA tuner, you will need a 20 series, or purchase the add on for the H21 series as they do not come with OYA access.

Hope I didn't confuse you to much.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts