Newbie w/DVR+ issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbkel39

Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Hey all. First I did check threads and think I saw what I need, but am not sure.I am changing one box to the DVR. I have 18" dish w/2lnb running into my attic. House is wired from there. 1 line goes to one TV and 1 line goes to other TV. DVR has 2 inputs in order to watch and record at same time. How/Can I split that one line I have in order to have 2 inputs going into my new DVR? I think it is a multi-switch and maybe a diplexer.

you can't split the actual cable, you can put a switch in your attic, and then have two lines coming in from the lnb and have up to 4 coming out, one this is, good luck getting that second cable down to where your tv is.

tech007 said:
yes you need what is called 3 x 4 multiswitch
I think he was hoping to split the line at the TV/Receiver so he would not have to run a 2nd line to the dvr ...
You cannot split the actual sat line before it goes into the receiver, you will need to figure out how to get a second line to the receiver in order to work it proprly, then hook the new line up to the previously mentioned multi switch.

Jimbo

Since you only have the really old 18" dish, have DirecTV upgrade your dish and run extra lines and provide a switch for free when you upgrade to the DVR. Then you don't need to worry about it. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts