newbie with HD question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

southdakotakid

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Utah
Installed a slimline SWM 8 dish and switch for a HR22-100 reciever. System seems to be working, except for the guide. HD channels do not show in the guide although I can tune the HD channels directly. Option for guide display is selected to "show all channels". After making this selection, I get a "changes will take effects in a few minutes". But 24 hours later, I still have no HD channels visible in guide. Any ideas to try? What dish selection is proper for the SWM setup? Thanks for listening.

If your using a SWM set up with a High def box, it will find the SWM by itself.

Not sure why your not seeing the HD in the guide, you say your in the "ALL CHANNELS" guide, thats should do it.

Have you tried to do a reset ?

I'm a bonehead. Tried everything I could think of, including several resets. Was about to breakdown and call directv support, when I realized I was on a custom guide with HD channels manually blocked. It's all good now. Thanks for replying, Jimbo.

Do you have a fav list set up that you're using? If so, you'll also need to add all those duplicate channels into your fav list after setting display to all.

Your dish should be a Slimline 3 or 5 SWM. And don't connect the B bands of course.

Such is the life of a msg board hero, always a day late :)

Don't feel like a bonehead though. This was one of the more common calls I got so you're not alone.

I'm a bonehead. Tried everything I could think of, including several resets. Was about to breakdown and call directv support, when I realized I was on a custom guide with HD channels manually blocked. It's all good now. Thanks for replying, Jimbo.

NP,
Don't worry, the simple things are the easiest to over look.
Glad you figured it out :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts