Newbie with install questions ... what else :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H2OSkier

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 13, 2003
I've reading about FTA for quite a while and finally got in the game with the Coolsat 5000 powerbuy. Along with the 5000 I got the GEOSATpro 90cm dish, GS120 motor, and a dual universal LNBF (soon to be replaced with a Invacom).

I did my homework about doing the install but you guessed it I'm not quite there. I have check my mounting pole many times and if it's off I can't measure it. I'm at 34n 118w (93065) and don't have a problem getting SatMex5. The problem is getting much of anything to either end of the arc (mainly trying to go east). To get SatMex5 I got everything mounted and had the receiver via USALS move to SatMex5. Moved the whole assemble till I got a signal then peaked from there.

What I finally noticed that the motor had ~4-5 degree of slack. I called SatelliteAV and got some instructions on how to remove/lessen the slack. I took my time and got it down to .5 - 1 degree of slack. But as the dish moves east I can still see it move a bit more than it should as it rotates. My question is what is the normal or acceptable amount of slack if any ?

Thanks for any help !! But I reserve the right to ask more newbie questions later :)

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)