Newbie with question about Birdog 2.5 signal meter

cmmassi

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
DeRidder LA
First off I hope I posted this in the right area. I looked around for bit and the information that I found was a little over my head. To make a long story as short as possible, I just purchased a used Perfect Vision BD 2.5 w/DDSI. Years ago I used DirectTV and could set it up in my sleep. If I used a signal meter at all it was an elcheapo analog and never had any real problems with it. Now I have Dish and have more than my share of problems with it at the homefront. In fact something happened today to my dish and I don't have any signal. So instead of spending $ on a analog I decided to splurge and get a used BirdDog 2.5. Mainly to have because I plan on doing some fulltime RV'ing by the end of this year and thought it would make life that much easier.

My main question is, is the older 2.5 models limited to the point to where I will regret not buying a newer model? I will only be using it on Dish and maybe Direct TV in the future. I've never used a professional meter and don't understand half of what the new finders do so I doubt I'll miss anything. I would appreciate it if a couple of old timers put their .02 worth in. Did I waste my $? I figured for $100 I didn't think I'd regret it too much. Thanks,

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts