Newbie with ???s

Roy99664

Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Hi all, complete newbie here thinking about scrapping cable and going to dish. I have a question about what gear I need. This seems like a great bunch of people who are willing to help.

I would like to know if it's possible to record 3 live channels at the same time while viewing another live channel, and be able to view the recordings on one central TV. If indeed it's possible what gear would I need?

Thanks
Roy

With the 722 you can record 2 satellite and 1 over the air channel at the same time, while viewing a previously recorded show. If you wish to view live tv while recording then you can either record 2 satellite channels while viewing a live over the air channel or view a satellite channel while recording 1 satellite channel and 1 over the air channel,

That's now but soon

For now it is record 2 sat & 1 OTA. When the 722k comes out it will be possible to record 2 sat & 2 OTA or record 3 while watching a fourth or any combination of 4.

We have no over the air channels available here, they would all have to be satellite. If I had 2 625s wold that work?

First 625 is for standard def.

You could get two 625's, you'd have a total of 4 tuners... few remotes, unless a fancy high tech universal remote can address the multiple remote addresses.

Basically you'd have to swap inputs on your television itself, to go in between each unit.

May be more cumbersome then its worth, but if that is what you want...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)