Newchannels in November

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Curtis: With the possible exception of ESPN 2 HD, does anyone WATCH any of these throwaway add ons? I think what some of the posters are getting at is where is TNT HD and where are the rest of the HD national movie channels. I go the wrong way to get fired up about LOGO or Lifetime Real Women. Give me a break.

Curtis0620 said:
How about these over the last 3 years:

Universal HD
HDnet Movies
NFL Network
TV guide channel
TV1
Lifetime Real Women
LOGO
Nicktoons
Comcast Sportsnet Chicago
Altitude Sports Network
Comcast Sportsnet Northwest
Many International channels
GOLtv
Sententa
3 MIX channels.

Am I missing any?

old rat said:
we all have been waiting for D* to add some new channels. They don't want to. Period. I would like the Sportsmans channel. Plus either combine cinemax with HBO or add some HBO channels.... Ain't gonna happen. why should they? they don't offer the New York superstations. they claim that their numbers are going up. They paid ultra millions to the NFL only to have it blow up in their face. why should they do something now for us?

they are cutting back on service help. or sending it out of the country. Its all cut, cut, cut, and nothing really new except for shopping channels.

so stand in line buddy. keep waiting and waiting and watching. But be sure to send in your $90 bucks per month. D* needs the money. but don't hold your breath waiting for some new channels. Fat chance to say the least.

spoken like a man who can't afford directv. :yes

While I am unhappy with the current HD content DTV provides, it does seem they are working hard to gear up for it. Bandwidth is the issue, and it costs a hell of a lot of cash to build and launch new sattalites.

However I do think DTV should have enough spare bandwith to add a few more HD channels right now. Maybe they need those transponders for backup? I'm sure if DTV could launch a lot of HD channels right now they would do it, it only makes sense. If you had the ability to add 10-15 more HD channels and bury the competition wouldn't you do it?

Welcome to the forums!
blyons200 said:
While I am unhappy with the current HD content DTV provides, it does seem they are working hard to gear up for it. Bandwidth is the issue, and it costs a hell of a lot of cash to build and launch new sattalites.
However I do think DTV should have enough spare bandwith to add a few more HD channels right now. Maybe they need those transponders for backup? I'm sure if DTV could launch a lot of HD channels right now they would do it, it only makes sense. If you had the ability to add 10-15 more HD channels and bury the competition wouldn't you do it?
I agree that D* needs more content, but if you look at the transponder lists for the 5 (now 6 with the new Ka bird) locations that D* uses (can be found on http://lyngsat.com/packages/america.html or http://www.widemovies.com/dtvtransponders.html) you will see that they have used up all the transponder frequencies they are licensed for. Thats why they had to add locals at 72.5 and internationals at 95.

At least they are aggressively adding capacity.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts