Newer Antenna Experts: I need your advice please

sleepybear

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Dirt Track
I have to replace my roof before winter and I've decided to go with a smaller setup due to the high winds and bad luck this region has had with tornados these past 12 years. I am retiring my (2nd) Winegard #8200HD and have decided to go with a smaller antenna. I know I won't match it's performance. Could some of you guys who have experience with some of the newer stuff help me with advice on something much smaller with the biggest gain possible. I only need to cover a 60-70 mile range and want to go no higher than 30 feet this go round. I will still use a rotor. What's the best ones out there? Thanks!

I use this ... EZ-HD TV Antenna - Denny's Antenna ... I have two because they are aimed at two different markets. This setup eliminates the need for a rotor. Your mileage may vary.

DSC01580.JPG

I also use Denny's EZ-HD TV Antenna. But my broadcast towers are less than 10 miles from me, so I can not say how far they reach.
July4 008.JPG

I have to replace my roof before winter and I've decided to go with a smaller setup due to the high winds and bad luck this region has had with tornados these past 12 years. I am retiring my (2nd) Winegard #8200HD and have decided to go with a smaller antenna. I know I won't match it's performance. Could some of you guys who have experience with some of the newer stuff help me with advice on something much smaller with the biggest gain possible. I only need to cover a 60-70 mile range and want to go no higher than 30 feet this go round. I will still use a rotor. What's the best ones out there? Thanks!
Where is the Dirt Track located? What is your current setup? What are the actual stations you must receive? An 8200 down to a EZ-HD antenna is quite a change but might work depending on location and what channels are mandatory.

My broadcast towers are a bit further out ... the farthest one is about 46 miles away and signal quality is good most of the time with only an occasional drop-out on a couple channels. Plus, my antenna is only about 20 feet off the ground, but it works.

can you post your tvfool report?

tvfool.com

that would really help. But me personally I use a Antennacraft HBU44. Its smaller than what you got but not tiny

None of our advice will be worth dirt if we do not know either where you are or see your TVFool report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)