newer HD channels 'disappearing'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steecoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Has anyone else had any of the newer HD channels disappear from their favorites list? In the last few weeks I have had to re-select the newer HD channels into my favorite list at least once on the HR20 & 2 or 3 times on the HR 23s. I am referring to the HD movie channels & Lifetime HD & hallmark HD. I dunno whats up with that but it's weird to say the least...

Has this been brought up before or has anyone else had this problem?:confused:

Yes, the newer HD channels do occasionally disappear from my favorites list. I am using the older H20-600 receiver. It just seems to randomly occur.

I have seen this at least 4 times since we got them..I usually dont notice till I scroll by HBO and HBO Zone is gone then I check around and the rest of the new ones are gone again...The last time it happened was right after I received that latest update.

Well at least I am glad to know I am not going crazy!!! If I was the only one with the problem would question my sanity.:eek:

I too, noticed it most recently after the firmware update....:confused:

These guys cannot even code their software to make channels go UP in number when you press UP on the remote . Should not be a surprise that some channels tend to disappear on your favorites list . They must have monkeys doing their software .:cool:

These guys cannot even code their software to make channels go UP in number when you press UP on the remote . Should not be a surprise that some channels tend to disappear on your favorites list . They must have monkeys doing their software .:cool:

Must be another Dish troll......

Hey look ....Another butt kisser for Directv . You are just sad . Like it or not , Directv does do some lame things . At least I am able to see what makes sense and what does not . You might wish to try removing your lips from the a^& of Directv and try to see . Is this whole forum just full of I LOVE DIRECTV idiots ? I am calling things for that they are . No reason to take shots at me . Sure , I am a troll so disregard me as you are just another DIRECTV IS GOD poster . PLEASE put me on ignore . And I hate Dish ! I am liking Directv . Just some things they do make absolutely no sense

Last edited:
Hey look ....Another butt kisser for Directv . You are just sad . Like it or not , Directv does do some lame things . At least I am able to see what makes sense and what does not . You might wish to try removing your lips from the a^& of Directv and try to see . Is this whole forum just full of I LOVE DIRECTV idiots ? I am calling things for that they are . No reason to take shots at me . Sure , I am a troll so disregard me as you are just another DIRECTV IS GOD poster . PLEASE put me on ignore . And I hate Dish ! I am liking Directv . Just some things they do make absolutely no sense

I have to admit, having Dish for years, and switching to DirecTV last year, that is one thing I find really annoying, not being able to switch the guide to show the channels in the order of your choosing. You get used to it. But I found it sort of odd to push the down button to go up to another channel in the guide, yet it's the opposite when you're watching a channel and want to do the same.

I am used to it now but , it makes little sense as they could fix that very easily . At least I have better TV now that I dumped the " other " guys . What a great picture !!

Yes, they do for my relative. The newly added HD channels along with Lifetime HD, Hallmark HD, Encore HD, etc. disappear from time to time. Honestly, it gets annoying at times.

Well last software update Crashed 90% of those HR's. Remember that one.
All that for the 3D update.:(
So yea monkeys sound about right.

I heard something about a problem . Wow . That was a major let down then . Well , something as simple as adjusting channels to move up when you press up is almost kid school coding . I think this alone speaks volumes about how good ( or poor ) their software is . At least my equipment works and I guess I should be thankful for that . And I am .:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts