Newer indoor OTA antenna

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I live in Kyle, Texas, 78640 & use an old RCA rabbit ears antenna. I get almost a maxed signal with the booster adapter connected. I was wondering if there is a modern looking indoor antenna that will work that I can get at a local store (best buy etc)? Im my family room I have an old Radio Shack double bow tie (no booster) which also works great but they don't seem to carry anymore. Any ideas ? It needs to be a UHF/VHF cause my local FOX went to channel 7 & all others are above channel 13.
Wife wants a birthday present suggestion for me.....

Go to ebay and search for UHF/VHF antennas you will probably get in excess of 100 results. Come back with the ones you like if you have questions, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks boba, but I don't buy off ebay. Just wondering about something from best buy etc....so my wife can get it. I remember an antenna made by Turk but also remember somewhere that Turks aren't any good & pricey. I'll look around & see. Was just wondering if anyone uses an indoor antenna & what kind it is.

Thanks boba, but I don't buy off ebay. Just wondering about something from best buy etc....so my wife can get it. I remember an antenna made by Turk but also remember somewhere that Turks aren't any good & pricey. I'll look around & see. Was just wondering if anyone uses an indoor antenna & what kind it is.

I have this RCA amplified indoor antenna --

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HKGK9I/?tag=satell01-20

it receives all the channels except 7 fine, but I know it gets the VHF channels b/c I can get channel 10 from Waco, even though it is twice as far from my location than channel 7's tower.

Zenith Silver Sensor or similar. Terk is generally good looking, sometimes good performing, and always overpriced, IMHO.

Just because it is sold on ebay that doesen't mean you can't find it at Best Buy or Walmart or Target. Your first post said you need both VHF and UHF, that will eliminate the Zenith Silver Sensor it is UHF only. Terk did make an almost identical antenna but it had telescoping VHF elements so it did both UHF and VHF, and was probably made in the same Chineese factory.