Status
Please reply by conversation.

suibuliu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
news feeds and reciever without blind search

Hi Guys,
I could not get any tp1 channels on G10R no matter what I try, so I thought maybe I should try some new things and get the news feeds on IA6.

But, my receiver, Kusat 2600pro, does not have blind search, and the channel listings for the news feeds on the lyngsat.com do not have the v-pid and a-pid, so I can not enter them by hand.

I am wondering, can I get the news feeds out of this receiver? I mean, when the news feeds are not running, can I search them?

Thanks!
Suibu

the transponmder needs to be active to search for them.

Without a blind scan it is tough as stuff is there and gone within 15 minutes

Thanks Ice,
Seems not a good idea to aim to IA6.

How do you guys do it? blind search for channels before watching TV every time?

For IA6, I usually scan at the top of the hour between 6-9. Most newsfeeds are the breaking story at the top of the hour.

When big things happen (like the pope passing away), the feeds were there in droves.

For sporting events, scan about 15-30 minutes before the game would start

Thanks!

I thought scanning was a one time deal. :) I guess it is best for me to fine tune my dish to get channels on G10R tp1, which is really hard.

What's really fun is when you get the feed before the game is supposed to start, and the guys are there joking around, or practicing saying a specific word. Jerry Remy the other night was practicing saying one of the pitchers names between innings or saying hometowns or countries. What's great, is when they are doing all these things, and then they just snap to, and start the next inning.

timmy
you ought to see the pregame thing at the beginning of a game...they will do it 3,4 times and the truck uses the best one for the beginning :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts