News from Apple this week

We probably won't get numbers from Apple but maybe some of the analysts may come up with whether the upgrade program is working. I certainly was not going to upgrade until I discovered I was in the new every year plan for the same payment. I have a similar program with adobe for my video editing software and I discovered I like it, when compared to paying the price for competitive at 20% more cost and then getting new features only once every 3 years. Adobe is constantly adding features for the same monthly payment. It's like renting a house where the landlord keeps adding additions and features, like new appliances all the time and never raising the rent. Sometimes, it's better to rent than own but not often. Technology is becoming that way since improvements happen so fast and costly. Owning is better when it doesn't improve much over the years, like furniture and clothing.

My last duty station was Cherry Point NC. When I reported, I was assured it was cheaper to buy than to rent. I found this to be true, much to my surprise.

I later understood WHY....

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Reactions: Derwin0
Don, are you paying $68.66 / month for your new iPhone? I see Apple as a few options -- Apple iPhone Payments and Apple iPhone Upgrade Program.

Yes, $68.66 / mo is what I pay for the XS Max 512GB version. The upgrade plan pays off balance owed on the prior iphone. I owe 13 months yet or $892.58. The first time plan costs $40 one time upgrade program membership fee. The guy at the apple store said something about the program is no longer open to enroll.

Apple iphone payment plans.png

My payments will switch from checking account to Apple card so effective payment will be 68.66 -2.06= 66.60. The Apple Care+ is $9.99 / month but included in the Apple upgrade program. Not included in the Verizon plan nor is Apple card 3% cash back so the program I have is lower cost than Verizon's.

One time payment: 1449 +199-3%(49.44) + pay off XS Max $892.58 - Trade-in$600 = $1891.14

Not obvious from the chart they have but the upgrade every year from Apple is the best deal.

In all cases the sales tax is computed on total of all payments and paid in advance. I think this is where there is a discrepancy since half the sales tax is not stated as refunded. It should be paid added to each monthly payment, not all upfront. My AppleCard already shows the sales tax billed for September less 3%. I also noticed that my Walgreens charges using my Apple card on my watch got me 3%. I thought that should have been 1%.

Small town. Slow market. Few wanted to settle down there. It took me a year to sell, and I was years recovering from the financial loss.

2nd MAW.

Place improved greatly when a GOOD Chinese restaurant opened.

I lived in Pamlico County, in Bayboro.

Small town. Slow market. Few wanted to settle down there. It took me a year to sell, and I was years recovering from the financial loss.

I recall my dad saying the same thing about San Antonio. We lived there for 6 years and rented the whole time. Dad said rent was cheaper than buying. Besides, he owned a farm in Pennsylvania where the rent of the land was paying for the mortgage. Renting the farm house was extra. Military were the only safe jobs back then.

Reactions: navychop
I've been in the upgrade program for a couple years. I just consider it a lease with a new phone every year. I have no other debt so this is a treat to myself.

Reactions: TheForce
Dad said rent was cheaper than buying.
In the short term, perhaps, but when all that equity goes out the window, it may not pencil out.

People seemed to better understand living within their means back in the day. Probably just sentimentality on my part. Then again, regular folk weren't plowing a month's rent into their telephone.

You must be paying some cheap rent. ;)

:D I was thinking it before you said it!

Today, I only have debt where there is no interest. My Honda Accord and my iphone. It just made cent$ ( pun intended ).

Of course I also use credit cards and pay them off before due so that is a form of short term debt as opposed to debit cards.

Read new report on iphione 11 sales and it appears it is selling better than the analysts estimated. Price target on the stock has been upgraded to $265.

I got a UPS notice that my iphone 11 Pro Max is out for delivery today. This is 2 weeks earlier than they estimated when I ordered. Better get my current iphone backed up so that is out of the way when the new 11 arrives.

I decided to order from the web site because the line to buy at the Apple Store was very long. It would be my luck the model I wanted would need to be ordered anyway so it just seemed better not to spend the time in line last week.

The stock seems to be stuck on a roller coaster. It goes up and it goes down but it doesn't appear to be decisively trending either way (although it seems to be taking a big hop today).

Yes! I have some covered call contracts outstanding for Nov15 and may need to lose some $ to buy them back, or just take my profits and be happy. I have a ways to go yet, but watching it closely. Based on the negative reports on Apple it seemed like a good way to capture some cash on the range bound stock. We hist jumped out of the `195 to 210 range and usually it takes 3 months before a new pop out happens. I have quote a few options contracts that are making me money on slow movers. But Apple is my biggest and if the stock gets over 230.60 by Nov 15, it is at risk of selling my shares for $225. Either way, I won't lose money, just won't make as much as I would if I just sold those shares at Market.

it doesn't appear to be decisively trending either way (although it seems to be taking a big hop today).

Look at the 10 day, 50 day, and 200 day moving averages. It is definitely trending up. You can't judge a trend on the basis of day to day spot checks. vs. yesterday spot check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)