News on Spanish Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bladelaire

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've been with Dtv for about 5 years now. They've been great about adding spanish programming and their spanish/eng packs were great combinations. However, for the past month or so they've slowly been taking away some of my english channels. First it was NHL Network, then Fine Living, and now they've taken another 4 (Espn2 is the only one I really miss). Of course they didn't let me know these channels were being taken away until I called customer service when I got a message 721 while trying to watch a game on ESPN2. No email, no letter, no nothing! The last thing I got regarding Spanish programming is an offer to enter a raffle for a trip to Argentina... glad they felt that was important enough to notify me. Now I am trying to figure out what pack I would need to get to have my old line up. Oh and they are discontinuing yet another spanish pack in March, limiting my options to 2, paying either 50 or 100 a month. They are really starting to lose my loyalty, even with exclusive rights to goltv...

That's enough venting, so here is my question. Is there any place that posts information about dtv's spanish programming changes or updates? Their official news is non-existent.

I have the Familiar Ultra +HD and I'm still getting ESPN2. Do you mean that they are going to take it away in February??!!! That would be devastating, I just switched to Direct because of the whole issue between Dish and Gol Tv. How are we supposed to get ESPN Deportes, Gol TV, ESPN2 and Fox soccer together? If they are taking ESPN2 out of line up for Spanish channels, they should add it to the sports package; in fact, they should do a package with all the channels that do soccer, I wouldn't mind paying for that.
Furthermore, for those of us on a 2 year contract; can they change our package as they please? Dealing with TV companies is a grueling experience; meanwhile all FCC worries about is breast exposure and inapropriate language. Consumer advocates, some help here.

Satellite hates its spanish audience.

This really ticked me off. There is no reason for them taking ESPN2 away, this is ridiculous. I phoned CSR and was told they had the right to change their programming at moments notice, but I should have received notice in the mail, which I did not, only that flier on Argentina. When I demanded to speak to her Supervisor I got a nimwit worse than her who tried to justify removing these channels by advising me I could change packages to English only or for an additional $20 have a combination of both :eek: I asked since they were so freely removing channels, what was I receiving in return for my Spanish channels and the response...nothing. I've been w/ DTV for 10 years and this is absurd. Before I could care less that DTV monopolized the Sunday Ticket, I'm starting to think this over and realize as a sports fan I am at the mercy of DTV who can give a .... over its spanish audience who are intellectual enough to understand both English and Spanish. First Sirius and now DTV.

@tom the rest of my family isn't fluent and they mainly watch those channels. To get the channels back would cost me around 15 more a month.

@fero, according to the customer service they removed the channels last week but some aren't up to date yet. My HD receiver in the living lost ESPN2 this Saturday and the rest (standard recievers) will lose it in a few days. Only those who have the maximum pack will continue to get it. I think if you are on contract they might stay with you, I remember when I was with dish they kept changing the spanish packs every few months but I kept the same channels since I still had a year left on my contract.

@gubmit yeap! My guess is they are justifying it because they added History Channel in December, but taking away 5 channels for one is a bit much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts