News Release SatHint.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xxATGxx

Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
usa
News Release:

HyperMegaSat.com, Inc. has acquired SatHint.com.

SatHint is an alternative to lyngsat with the latest info on all satellites, worldwide.

A complete database of all sat, transponders, frequencies, symbol rates, etc...

With the exit of satcodx, we felt it was important that an alternative to lyngsat was more necessary then ever before.

So we acquired sathint.com to make sure it stays up and available.

Please take a look at our site. We think it's arranged for users to find the info they need much faster than any other source.

www.sathint.com

:cool:

Last edited:
They have a big problem the data is certainly not up to date on the Atlantic and european channels or satellites.
I've started sending updates but there proforma assumes changes only and not +or -satellites

They have a big problem the data is certainly not up to date on the Atlantic and european channels or satellites.
I've started sending updates but there proforma assumes changes only and not +or -satellites

Please elaborate, give me some examples. I have seen no updates from you, but we would love to have any updates you can offer.

:D

Also, you don't seem to indicate whether a transponder is DVB-S or one of the 8PSK varieties or even DCII. I see a lot of transponder that people without DVB-S2 8PSK capability will not be able to lock the transponders. I see other transponders that are DCII, and people with DVB or DVB-S2 receivers wouldn't be able to lock them. Ie, you indicate Digicipher only when it is encrypted, but on transponders where all or most of the channels are clear ZK or FP, there is no indication of the fact that they are DCII, and not viewable on a FTA receiver.
I also see entire NA satellites where every single transponder is incorrect, and nobody would be able to lock anything from the data.
Clearly, the above issues are partly due to the way people are reporting info, but are also partly due to the lack of a place in the format to place this info. You clearly need a category for modulation data in the transponder data area, to include analog, QPSK, 8PSK, DVB, DVB-S2, turbo-QPSK, turbo-8PSK, and DCII at least, because you have examples of transponders in each of these categories (some with incorrect SR values), and readers need to know what kind of receiver is required to receive these transponders.

EDIT: I know that I'm lumping together modulation parameters with formats like DVB-S2 and combinations of formats and encryption like DCII, but the above parameters that I think should be in the transponder parameters are things that define whether or not a particular receiver can lock the transponder, so I think they need to be listed in the transponder parameters.
Also, despite the above comments, I think the site has great potential, however it is really a massive job to put something like this together and get it accurate enough to come close to competing with the likes of Lyngsat or other private databases. Good luck though.

Last edited:
There are TPs with data about modulation, (you have to click on Transponder list button) but most of them are outdated

Although the Satcodx charts have left, Satcodx users are being redirected to the Satbeams website. Satbeams also has a very interesting satellite charts setup, like Lyngsat and Sathint. Might be something to look at. The more the merrier. Good luck.

There are TPs with data about modulation, (you have to click on Transponder list button) but most of them are outdated

OK, sorry, you're right. I didn't notice that Tp list button. But as you say, much of the data is obsolete, plus, it would sure be much more convenient if that data was displayed along side the SR/FEC, or at least replace some of the other less useful stuff that appears in the popup.

But yes, I missed that TP List button. Sorry.

Thanks for all the comments everybody. Yes, the site is a work in progress, lots of updates to be made. Satellites, transponder, channel info, and even footprint maps.

We are looking for contributors. Any and all help or contributions as far as accurate info is greatly appreciated. Any user can suggest updates and or changes much like lyngsat. It is a community database in that way.

As far as changing the site to show modulation on the channel list we have considered this. You have to click on the transponder list button to get this information now. Perhaps it would be better to do it as some have suggested in this thread.

We will defenitely look into it.

:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)