News Releases

dish has the best dvr if only they get more hd programming and add the mlb and keep up.

One reason everyone says the 622 and 722 are so great is they are very stable.
I will agree with that. The biggest disappointment for me is DISH never adds any new features to their DVRs unless you go out and buy the newest model (ex: 922).
I have played around with the new sling site where I can record to the dvr and it worked. Direct has had this for a while now. You can play media off your network on theirs also. They are getting ready to release sharing of recordings to 2nd and 3rd receivers (will DISH ever have this?).
With DISH every time I see something interesting to record it still defaults to "ALL" recordings; this is retarded at least with D* you can set your own default recording "type".
How hard would it be to have a place to choose your favorite sports teams and the DVR would record any LIVE game? I am just asking for some feature that will convince me the 622 is evolving and the DISH software guys don't spend all day polishing their CES trophy from years gone bye.

I love when people defend the DirecTV DVR with comments like it's "Not that bad". And in truth it really is "not that bad".. But it is still not a Dish DVR which is the best in the market. DirecTV has so much potential to make a great DVR but they keep falling flat for some reason.. But all in all the DirecTV DVR is just okay..

Patience, maybe D* will offer the 922 in the not-to-distant future.

Patience, maybe D* will offer the 922 in the not-to-distant future.
If E* has any common sense at all, they'd never sell the 922 to Directv or any cableco. For good or bad, Dish DVR's are what separate Dish from any other provider. Think about how many times you've heard the comment"Dish DVRs are so much better, that's why I'll never switch to Directv!". If Dish would increase HD, cut out the nickel and dime fees, perfect the HD packages, convert to all MPEG4,lower prices, and be more open with their subs, then the only question that would remain would be, "Directv who?!" Now, if Uncle Charlie would just answer his phone.........

dish has the best dvr if only they get more hd programming and add the mlb and keep up.

here here!
No way I'm going back to Comcast just for MLB. If Dish added MLB Network and got NESN HD all the time & then ALL Celtics away games in HD this would be perfect for me. Thing is, even without that, Dish is FAR better than anything I have ever had. The receiver is fabulous and responsive with hours and hours of record time. I figure the other few things will come. ;)