News up links on C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lanmarc

Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Hi All
Are there any news up links or blind feeds like reporters out in the field on C-band, like there is on the Ku bands? I do watched the Ku bands news feeds and in the background sometimes I see big news trucks with large C-band dishes, but I have not been able to track down there satellites or transponders. I remember in the early 90s during the first golf war, there were many live news feeds from around the world on C-band satellites. Where have they all gone? Thanks

They went digital, most of them did, and on ku band. With digital they could cut their costs, though you still might find some big events being covered on c-band. I haven't even looked on c-band for newsfeeds in a year prob, since I got fta. Wait until the next 'debate' or some big media event like that, you might find some c-band analog stuff on G25, G26 or G28(intelsat 8 ?)
Or maybe a hurricane approaching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts