Newsbytes-HD named General Manager

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

New Bytes HD, the Woodbury-based high-definition news channel, part of VOOM's 39-channel HD initiative, named William J. Wright general manager. He will be responsible for overall operations including content, personnel and technical operations. He most recently was executive producer at BET Nightly News. He is a trustee of the Radio and Television News Directors Foundation

Is there currently any news on VOOM on any station?

Hi:
I only have VOOM and a few OTA channels. I missed my local news last night so I was trying to find a station with at least the national news. I could not find one. Am I missing something? What if there is a national emergency?
Joseph

Besides your OTA channels, the answer will be no. But in a national emergency, I will check, in your case,

405 C-SPAN
406 C-SPAN2
408 The Weather Channel
519 Court TV

It sound like you do not have any other provider. If VOOM adds CNN or FoxNews this, of course, will change.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If they just hired a GM for this channel, I saw no way they will be on the air by February 1st.

I have to agree with you but given that Rainbow Media already owns a local news channel and they are not new at this, I will think that they could still pull it off by 2/1/04. Now the logistic of how to get all these event in HD will be challenging. This is not a local HD channel but a national HD channel. Wonder how the heck they are going to deal with it.

Sean have u ever seen how bad News 12 is on Cablevision. Well I have and it is terrible. They have 0 investigative reporters on staff. Instead they take news from The Wire and newspaper and air it. The footage they get from the on site reporters is from high school football games and traffic repports. My expectations would not be set so high if I were you.

rtt2 said:
Sean have u ever seen how bad News 12 is on Cablevision. Well I have and it is terrible. They have 0 investigative reporters on staff. Instead they take news from The Wire and newspaper and air it. The footage they get from the on site reporters is from high school football games and traffic repports. My expectations would not be set so high if I were you.

I agree with you. I just hope that the experience with News 12 is some than none at all. I have not watched News 12 for a long time. In the beginning it was mediocre and then it started getting better but I do not know recently what's happened with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts