Newsmax now available on DirecTV, DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maestro7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
For those interested.

After looking on DirecTV's English packages page, nothing has been updated, but it's definitely available (my background noise while typing in this post).

While I'm still a newbie poster around here, I would request that you please don't spam this posting with flame-bait (as has occurred with previous postings of this subject). I don't think we need to know how much you like or dislike any given channel.

http://www.newsmaxtv.com/findnewsmaxtv/

Newsmax TV's distribution is growing rapidly and now reaches over 35 million cable/satellite homes and subscribers.

Newsmax TV Currently Carried On
If Newsmax TV is unavailable through your cable carrier, please contact them at their number below, and tell them you’re a subscriber and want Newsmax TV on your cable system!

[snip]

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I watched it on Dish DirecTV and Roku and Roku had the best picture imo!! :)

Just tuned into ch349 and the picture is 16:9 and not squeezed into 4:3.
The image isn't sharp like HD. I wonder if it's ED (480p?)
For a news channel, it's fine for me.

The picture is squeezed. It is a 16:9 image flagged as 4:3. You probably have your TV and receiver on stretch.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not on my tv, it's widescreen. My tv isn't set on stretch. Perhaps yours isn't right.

Smush-o-vision

Attachments

• 1403276359312.jpg
    1403276359312.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 248
Proper 16:9 SD

Attachments

• 1403276465616.jpg
    1403276465616.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 215
Proper 4:3 SD (not Smush-o-vision)

Attachments

• 1403276578970.jpg
    1403276578970.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 214
Few sd channels are proper 16:9. Many are chopped. Some, like Newsmax, are a 16:9 image crammed into a 4:3 frame. I have locals that are chopped, smushed, and proper, too. Directv needs to do whatever they do to God TV, BYU, etc to Newsmax (and others.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.