Newsy

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
And Great American Country was uplinked in HD, but not available yet.
Too bad only a small percentage of subscribers would get it.....Unless that too will be dropping to Top200...

fishman316

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
GAC and Newsy were Scripps owned channels which recently got taken over by the Discovery networks. Wonder if Dish and Discovery recently signed new long term deals. Pretty sure Dish receives all the discovery owned networks now except discovery life

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If DISH got a new deal with Disney then I would hope it would include access to the Discovery Go apps.

Reactions: edisonprime
pattykay

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
GAC and Newsy were Scripps owned channels which recently got taken over by the Discovery networks. Wonder if Dish and Discovery recently signed new long term deals. Pretty sure Dish receives all the discovery owned networks now except discovery life
I was thinking the same thing, or that Dish reached a new deal with Scripps right before the networks were taken over by Discovery, and that deal is just now being implemented. So far, the latter seems more likely, for the reason that Scott pointed out above.

E

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2012
Saw it and quickly realized that it's only in SD... ...no thanks

Newsy has a free access app that is HD on Roku. I’m not sure if there’s a Newsy app on other devices (such as Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV), but I’m willing to bet it is and I think it would be in HD there too.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

bluegras

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008

thats maybe why GACHD is now uplinked starting yesterday :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
bluegras

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008
Newsy definitely has an HD feed. I've had it on Spectrum since probably Feb or March.
if Newsy has a HD feed i would let dish know about it so they would go ahead and add it gettting tired of watching tv in SD already

Reactions: charlesrshell