Nexstar buys Media General

Do any of you see a trend here if your station was owned by LIN, Media General, Communications Corporation of America.

MG buys out Lin, Young Broadcasting. Then Nexstar buys out Media General.
Nexstar buys out CCA, then sells the damn Fox Station and the low power nbc station it spent all that money on to make the new affiliation and hiring staff then sells KLAF/KADN to Bayou City Broadcasting which basically its selling the stations back to the same local media area they bought it from.

So from 2012 to 2016 KLFY has 3 owners.

The Repack and Auction may be playing a role in all of it.
Yeah your right, usually when the buyer has to sell one of the stations they usually wait till the acquisition of the media group they purchased is approved by the fcc. Nexstar acquisition of media general scheduled to be approved in September. They've already sold and kept the stations that were on hit list already...

Reactions: Tampa8
I've noticed that with the Nexstar-Media General merger, that Nexstar is becoming a little more accepting of digital subchannels. They are making deals with KATZ and Bounce TV to offer their subchannels to some existing Nexstar and Media General stations picked up by Nexstar.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Update just sent an email to the new owner of KADN/KLAF and he says that, well not word for word but as of now and more than likely in the future he will keep everything as is and will closd the transaction of the sale of KADN/KLAF to Bayou City Broadcasting from Nexstar the 4th quarter of this year. So looks like no subchannel additions but KADN will keep KLAF on 15.2 and MNTV 15.3 and the lp 46.1 stays too. So no gains but we keep the NBC and the local and college sports and the MNTV

Well looks like the buyout has had some great results with all katz networks launching and MG launching several before the acquisition. Looks like Nexstar kept a MG program going as they dropped AntennaTV off WJTV 12.3 and replaced it with ION

Last edited:
Er, Katz had a separate deal with M-G which is unrelated to the Nexstar deal. And WJTV was on the original ION list but was waiting for the Antenna TV contract to end.

- Trip

Er, Katz had a separate deal with M-G which is unrelated to the Nexstar deal. And WJTV was on the original ION list but was waiting for the Antenna TV contract to end.

- Trip
I would hope since KADN/KLAF is still part of Nexstar till the end of 2016 they would launch at least Laff/Escape on 15 or 46 before the sale to Bayou City is complete....I said before they should of kept Fox 15.......Yes I know MG launching Katz is a separate deal back in 2015, I had did my homework on it and I think that was a small reason why Nexstar made the huge deal with its original stations. Also when Nexstar takes over MG stations officially I wonder if they would launch Katz subnets on the new acquired stations like WTTA, KLFY, WANE, (Which were MG, Young's flagship stations just saying), I sent you a message per Alexandria, La. FOX affiliate....

local: Wane tv just signed a deal with ion last year to carry their channel. Antenna tv should be up soon for them.
I assume that the sale to nexstar from MG is not complete yet since Antenna was dropped off the CBS Jackson Mississippi Station. What we have on WANE/KLFY should stay at least some time after the sale to NEXSTAR is official and don't see us losing Antenna/GetTV for years to come anyway.....then hopefully we'll get something on the DT4, heck every Nexstar station has a sub on the .4, guess Laff or escape would be what we'd get....Nexstar and Katz will work something up....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)