Nexstar dispute looming...

I think Howard was asking (after the Nexstar stations get pulled) how many markets still have all of their locals on Dish? In other words, how many people do not have to use OTA to get them?
crodules is right: What I want to know is if you are paying for the locals and not using an OTA. For example one person has all four of his/her networks paying Dish for the locals.:coco:coco:coco:sorrysign

Reactions: pattykay
Everyone is talking about how many stations they're losing because of Nexstar etc. Here's a question: I wonder how many people on Dish have all their local networks and are not affected w/o OTA?
If you mean how many markets have no Nexstar owned or managed locals, there are 210 DMA's and as I recall, Nexstar owns/manages stations in 160 of them, so 50 DMA's would not be affected by the outage. I have not done the research to determine which 50 those are...

If you mean how many markets have no Nexstar owned or managed locals, there are 210 DMA's and as I recall, Nexstar owns/manages stations in 160 of them, so 50 DMA's would not be affected by the outage. I have not done the research to determine which 50 those are...
Yes, but it is not just Nexstar. Dish has other ongoing or upcoming disputes also. So, it may be down to just the markets where the Big Four networks all own their own affiliates, as far as a complete network service. However, many (or all) of those markets may be losing / may have already lost one or more smaller local channels from their Dish package.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
crodules is right: What I want to know is if you are paying for the locals and not using an OTA. For example one person has all four of his/her networks paying Dish for the locals.:coco:coco:coco:sorrysign
I'm paying for all my locals through Dish and not using an OTA because of distance. I lost FOX local several months ago and now I will lose NBC. I complained and all they could do for me was deduct $5 a month from my bill. That is not good enough. I now have Youtube tv which (with tax) is $70 a month, primarily so I can get these two locals until the dispute is settled, then I will drop Youtube. Problem is I don't know how long that will be, if ever. I will drop Dish locals completely in a month or so if no settlement. If it goes several months like Fox then I will drop Dish completely.

Yes, but it is not just Nexstar. Dish has other ongoing or upcoming disputes also. So, it may be down to just the markets where the Big Four networks all own their own affiliates, as far as a complete network service. However, many (or all) of those markets may be losing / may have already lost one or more smaller local channels from their Dish package.
A good point, but since the thread is about the Nexstar dispute, I used only those numbers.

Even though we are 75ish minutes until the channels are pulled, Dish has already updated Dish Promise saying the channels have been dropped and how to watch favorite shows and NFL Football through other means.

Fox just got pulled in the St Louis area. I was surprised that my OTA Fox channel quit working too. So did a direct OTA connection to TV. OTA Fox was working. So reconnected my OTA back to my Hopper 3 and did a OTA channel rescan. My OTA Fox thru the Hopper 3 is working now. Wonder why I had to do an OTA channel rescan!! But I am happy happy now. So if you lose an OTA channel do to this mess try a rescan.

I decided to look it up. As best as I can tell from James Long's list ( Local Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing) ) the markets with no disputes on Dish are as follows:

Albany, GA
Anchorage, AK
Baltimore, MD
Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX
Biloxi/Gulfport, MS
Boise, ID
Bowling Green, KY
Butte, MT
Casper, WY
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chattanooga, TN
Cheyenne, WY
Chico/Redding, CA
Cincinnati, OH
Columbia, SC
Columbus/Tupelo, MS
Detroit, MI
Fairbanks, AK
Gainesville, FL
Jonesboro, AR
Lake Charles, LA
Larado, TX
Lima, OH
Madison, WI
Missoula, MT
Montgomery, AL
North Platte, NE
Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO
Paducah, KY/Harrisburg, IL
Parkersburg, WV
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, ME
Quincy, IL/Hannibal, MO
Sherman, TX/Ada, OK
South Bend, IN
Tallahassee, FL
Toledo, OH
Traverse City, MI
Tucson, AZ
Twin Falls, ID
West Palm Beach, FL
Wilmington, NC

It is kind of sad when it is easier to list the markets without any dispute than it is to list all of the markets with a dispute.

I decided to look it up. As best as I can tell from James Long's list ( Local Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing) ) the markets with no disputes on Dish are as follows:

Albany, GA
Anchorage, AK
Baltimore, MD
Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX
Biloxi/Gulfport, MS
Boise, ID
Bowling Green, KY
Butte, MT
Casper, WY
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chattanooga, TN
Cheyenne, WY
Chico/Redding, CA
Cincinnati, OH
Columbia, SC
Columbus/Tupelo, MS
Detroit, MI
Fairbanks, AK
Gainesville, FL
Jonesboro, AR
Lake Charles, LA
Larado, TX
Lima, OH
Madison, WI
Missoula, MT
Montgomery, AL
North Platte, NE
Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO
Paducah, KY/Harrisburg, IL
Parkersburg, WV
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, ME
Quincy, IL/Hannibal, MO
Sherman, TX/Ada, OK
South Bend, IN
Tallahassee, FL
Toledo, OH
Traverse City, MI
Tucson, AZ
Twin Falls, ID
West Palm Beach, FL
Wilmington, NC

It is kind of sad when it is easier to list the markets without any dispute than it is to list all of the markets with a dispute.
I think some channels in San Angelo and Lubbock Texas were lost too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)