NEXT 10 HD lil Markets

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you need a b-bank converter to get the local HD channels?

Not at this time, but you will need to have it once they start using D10 and D11 for more HD channels. It doesn't hurt to have it on now so you're all ready to go once they turn them up.

Not at this time, but you will need to have it once they start using D10 and D11 for more HD channels. It doesn't hurt to have it on now so you're all ready to go once they turn them up.

Wasn't there some discussion that for the markets on 103 TP17 you needed the B-band converters right now?

digiblur said:
Only two affiliates, eh? I don't see why the satellite co's don't get all the contracts signed. Kinda makes it pointless if you have to put OTA up to get the other two why not just get them all OTA and skip the middle man. Guess DirecTV and DishNetwork figure it is better than nothing.
Well...

DirecTV has only had two HD stations in Portland for the past six months. So it is obvious that they are trying to get the contracts signed, but some station groups make it impossible.

What about locals in Beaumont Texas?

I think the Beaumont market is ranked about 130-140.

But D* has provided locals for markets ranked lower than that.

Why are they not doing things in order?

I want my Beaumont locals!!!

I think the Beaumont market is ranked about 130-140.

But D* has provided locals for markets ranked lower than that.

Why are they not doing things in order?

I want my Beaumont locals!!!

Two choices... switch to E*, they have the Beaumont locals. Or "move" to Houston, TX.

Well...

DirecTV has only had two HD stations in Portland for the past six months. So it is obvious that they are trying to get the contracts signed, but some station groups make it impossible.

The ABC station in Portland is owned by Fisher, as is the one in Seattle. On the Seattle DBS thread on avsforums there was a quote from a Fisher official stating that a retransmission agreement had been reached in December. It is now 4 months later and neither station is yet carried on Directv.

I've heard that rumor, too.

As to the question regarding Beaumont, there was a quote taken from some DirecTV executive stating they'd add another 30 markets in SD later this year, with the confirmation of Laredo being one. I suspect DirecTV will be adding some local channels to the existing spot-beam satellites. Barring any FCC or Congressional action on "multicast must-carry" or what the NAB is calling signal-splitting, DirecTV could have all markets up in HD by the end of 2008.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)