Next Generation GEOSATpro Satellite receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If its not so much to ask... can I get mine w/ flame decals ? Heck, when it boots, it be awesome if it would display , "Kraven Rocks" in 4k too.

Cheers, K

Other than the component and SPDIF outputs, the RS232 connection, and loop out for a 2nd receiver, how will this new receiver differ from the microHD? I'm curious because at the moment, I just have a DOT (dumb old TV as opposed to a new Smart TV, LOL). Is it just support of 32ASPK, or is there more? :)

Much more... ;)

Right know we are concentrating on the Glorystar features for the initial product release in March. Will make more product information and specs as the hobbyist firmware is finalized.

This thread reminds me of the teenage son begging Dad for the car keys, after being told "no", and the garage already been locked. :)

There are several alternatives:
- get a cheap DVB card
- get an expensive AZbox
- record your show on the microHD (or big brother) & playback offline
(As much as I like using VLC on my computer, my Western Digital media player is a little more convenient) ;)

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the teenage son begging Dad for the car keys, after being told "no", and the garage already been locked. :)

There are several alternatives:
- get a cheap DVB card
- get an expensive AZbox
- record your show on the microHD (or big brother) & playback offline
(As much as I like using VLC on my computer, my Western Digital media player is a little more convenient) ;)

Yes, mighty Green One, with one (at least) more option. I am making one presumption: that the time machine output is what was used, as my microHD was returned with Time Machine turned on. A bare bone board/cpu from logicsupply, running "linux" decoding and displaying output from the microHD of 4.2.2 and other codex including Shepherds Channel (is that analog still?) on the truck's monitor. I believe he plugged into the USB output on the microHD and into some input (looked like a USB cable end) into his computer.
I admit, he knows a lot more than I do about the whole SatelliteTV industry than I do, as he has been an uplink engineer, now in SLC/Ogden --- in his words, "since before time!" We were all waiting for a blizzard to clear about 15 miles north of us. (I had hot coffee!) His comment was that the "through-put was awesome", the best he had seen. I did not get his full name, (Jean - with a J) and now the company name on the truck has left my mind. There were 6 guys in his truck - going to a bowl game. Hey, I do not even know what to research - but I am sure you do!

All jokes aside, am just excited to get what seems like an awesome FTA box designed for NA....supported by Brian and company. I havent dealt w/ him yet but his reputation is well known and documented.

Cheers, K

I just want to reinforce the fact that the GEOSATpro HDVR1200 will first be released in March for www.glorystar.tv satellite service then additional firmware releases will enable the hobbyist options that we all love and expect from our favorite FTA receivers. I have a pre-production model at my home and am in love with 80% of the operation. We still have a ways to go in development before announcing the capabilities and features.

If you are in the market to buy a receiver now, by all means, buy a product that has history and is in distribution now, rather than wait for an announced product with unknown . Those of us with many years in the satellite hobby have repeatedly anticipated nirvana only to be disappointed when the product fell short or was never released.

Yes, we would love your purchase, but I am also a realist! I want folks to get psyched over a current product rather than anticipation to what could be, might be or will never be ... :eek:

This is what I was waiting since day one!! This one suits all my needs (Component Output, RS232,) in addition to all their wonderfull features. Congrats!!! I will be in line too!!
I agree with carlospr43, HDMI output just wasn't right for my system. The component output and optical(I think I can see that in far away picture)is much better. But, my S9 is still working great, running 24 hours a day and I still have the one Pixl fixed in a box, not sure about a purchase. Very interesting and good looking........
RT

guess there will never be another 422 box

Maybe an administrator would consider breaking off posts 20 - 73 and create a 4:2:2 receiver wish list thread?

Hope that some members who have followed our receiver development threads over the years see the humor in this post.... :rolleyes:

:deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead
:dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse:
:deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead
:dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Maybe an administrator would consider breaking off posts 20 - 73 and create a 4:2:2 receiver wish list thread?

Hope that some members who have followed our receiver development threads over the years see the humor in this post.... ;) :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse: :dead :deadhorse:
No, I just find it rude to have run so far of topic.
It'd be great to have the 422 comments preserved in another thread: "why we like 4:2:2", maybe?

Broke off some posts to a new thread

I did keep some 4:2:2 posts in here because it was asked about and answered. The rest kinda went off topic

Lets keep this thread to the topic of updates and features on the new GeosatPro receiver. Use the other thread about "why I need a receiver for 4:2:2"

Much more... ;)

Right know we are concentrating on the Glorystar features for the initial product release in March. Will make more product information and specs as the hobbyist firmware is finalized.

Just curious, is there any new product info you can share with us yet?

I'm in the market for a new receiver and I think this could be the one. I'm looking forward to the release date, I hope it's this month.

The GEOSATpro HDVR1200 was released for Glorystar customers last month. We will announce when it is ready for FTA, but at this time the FTA release looks to be several months away.

The GEOSATpro HDVR1200 will be released for Glorystar service in March, 2013. Hobbyist full FTA experience will be available shortly after the release.

The HDVR1200 supports: QPSK, 8PSK, H8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
MPEG2/4 and h264
480i - 1080p
Update via satellite of Firmware and Glorystar Channel list.
Supports simultaneous automatic Glorystar channel list updates and retaining the User Channel list, LNB, switch, favorite settings.
Closed Captioning EIA608 and EIA708 via HDMI, Component and Composite outputs.
Dolby /AC3 Internal Decoding and raw output via HDMI, SPDIF Optical.
FCC, Dolby, HDMI, UL Cert and licenses.
No 4:2:2, VCM or MIS support planned at this time.

Is this receiver still going to support 32APSK signals?
I saw a post about the micro hd no longer supporting this feature and just wanted to know if it affects this one as well.

The GEOSATpro HDVR1200 hardware supports 32APSK and we have tested and confirmed on the bench modulator. Will confirm with live signals prior to FTA release.

Any more word on this receiver and when it may be coming out?
Price range?

Saw the post with the pictures taken with it, the graphics look great!
I would really like to see some pics of the receiver itself if possible.

Been selling for the HDVR1200 in Glorystar systems for about 3 months. The FTA firmware is 95% complete and is available for FTA beta loading.

A few motor / switch configurations that need a little more development, but it is a very nice performer with single LNB/motor or multiple fixed dishes. Doesn't always play well with all combinations of motors and switches, but that is changing.

Brian,

Just to clarify, if someone wanted one of these with the beta code - - call and ask - - or would we load it after we order one? I have a single LNB setup with a 380 motor and might like to give it try.

?BTW, thanks for keeping us updated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)