Next Generation Remote Control Extender for VIP 622

peterson40

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Has anyone ever used this product?

Next Generation Remote Control Extender
Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics

I am running the HDMI signal to another HDTV in a different room and because of dual mode I can only control the HD via the IR remote. I want to me able to control the TV 1 HD signal in a different room than the 622. Has anyone used this with the 622 or any other receiver? Does it work well?

Thanks!

I am running the HDMI signal to another HDTV in a different room and because of dual mode I can only control the HD via the IR remote. I want to me able to control the TV 1 HD signal in a different room than the 622. Has anyone used this with the 622 or any other receiver? Does it work well?

Thanks!

I haven't used this particular one, but I have used similar products. One from RCA and the other from Radio Shack. They both worked as advertised. The advantage of the Rat Shack one is that if it doesn't work out for you, you can easily return it. Good luck.

why not use the rf remote?

622 does not have the UHF pro ability on tuner 1. THis must be do to the fact that Dish expects the receiver to be at the location of the TV. Dish needs to change this, as I have run into houses that have all the receivers in a central closet with 3 lines of RG-6 to the tv locations.

Thanks!
I have one on the way, believe it or not. Ordered Sunday from Buy.com, a little cheaper. I bought it not to control the 622 but rather an audio receiver tied to it in another location.

The 622 IS DUAL UHF CAPABLE buy another uhf remote for 19.99!!! in fact you can do it on all these dual tuners 322.522.625.622.722.942- its not hard or like some secret its easy to do ya just need another uhf remote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 622 IS DUAL UHF CAPABLE buy another uhf remote for 19.99!!! in fact you can do it on all these dual tuners 322.522.625.622.722.942- its not hard or like some secret its easy to do ya just need another uhf remote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a detailed description of how to do it on page 43 of this 622 review on DBSTalk.com:

Official DBSTalk ViP622 DVR Review - DBSTalk.Com

The extender will work, but this is 'way better. ;)

Brad

I have one of the Next Generation Remote Extenders that I use for the Mercury II receiver, and it works fine, but if I wanted to control a 622 TV 1, then I would use another 622 UHF remote.

I have a couple of Dish Neywork brand remote extenders that I ordered for a customer who never picked them up. They operate on the Dish Network frequency and is compatible with any Dish Network UF remote, and has an IR blaster for the Dish Network IRD.

Send me a PM, if interested.

Mike500

Wanted to report I got the Nextgeneration remote extender yesterday and works perfectly in my 622 remote to control an out of room audio receiver. Can't beat it for $35.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)