Next installation date available... April 11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdavid

Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Apparently they are so backed up in the Washington, DC area, this is the earliest they would give me for an HD DVR upgrade.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience?

yeah had the same thing... march 23 but i was gonna get mine for $99.00 so i asked if i could go to bestbuy and after activating could they credit the $200 difference on my account and they had no problem, with doing that, I also already had the 5lnb dish and 2nd line from existing dvr

Yeah I already have the 5lnb dish, I just dont have the second line. I can wire it myself if need be.

I'm in a similiar situation, they offered me a $150 credit when I ordered, which I didn't think I could get if I bought the receiver at Best Buy.

I will try buying from Best Buy though and requesting that DIRECTV credit me the $150 they promised.

Wow, I thought we had it bad here in Dallas with a one month wait. Of course new customers are getting installation within a week. (At least according to folks posting on our city's web forum)

That is interesting. I am a new customer, I just switched from Dish. I called last Wednesday and they said they could have someone here that Friday. I actually scheduled for Saturday. No wait at all. I got a HD DVR and a regular HD receiver.

I just called back, they gave me February 4. Maybe there was a cancellation, but I just moved up 2 1/2 months. Sounds good to me.

New customers are getting installs right away. My neighbor got his in 4 days. I ordered a new HR20 the beginning of January and they are not going to install it until the end of February.

I know they were expecting a lot of people to sign up just before the Super Bowl, which always happens, but a two month wait and the long waits all over the country, tell me there is a labor problem or a shortage of HR20. I thought they were caught up on producing them, but maybe not.

also when i upgraded to hd on a sunday i called and all they had was the end of january, i took it but usually when you call back they have better dates, i called the following day and they said they could get me in on thursday... 4 days from upgrade to install of HD equip.

Hi,
Still new to the Direct side of the forums, but I went online Tuesday, Jan. 30, and I am getting my install tommorrow morning.(Feb. 01) Since this is the Superbowl week, I thought I would not get any install for a week or so.
I am not getting HD, just DVR. Good luck with getting your HD, quickly.
Sincerely,
Booger

Hi,
Still new to the Direct side of the forums, but I went online Tuesday, Jan. 30, and I am getting my install tommorrow morning.(Feb. 01) Since this is the Superbowl week, I thought I would not get any install for a week or so.
I am not getting HD, just DVR. Good luck with getting your HD, quickly.
Sincerely,
Booger

I saw their ad in last weeks newspaper advertising installations before the Super Bowl game. Kind of makes those of us waiting months for installation, wonder what is going on.

This is a quick follow up. I did get it installed Thursday morning, and the guy came out in the snow. I really liked the installer. I hope you get your HD soon.`

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)