DIRECTV UNIFIED BRAND COMING APRIL 6th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

They still have the two active Mini's requirement to get a Gemini.
Sorry I was referring to the new customer offers. It looks like if you are a new customer getting only one TV they are indeed doing a Genie 2 and a Gemini client box.

Note the references to 450 DVR hours and 7 recordings at once.

1680817125368.png

1680817207265.png

There is an option to "Skip the Gemini Upgrade" that takes it back to a Genie 1 with clients, note the 200 hours DVR:

1680817301092.png

Attachments

• 1680817289269.png
    1680817289269.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 72
Their new marketing campaign includes this line, which I find amusing. They clearly acknowledge that they have not made any advances in satellite hardware in over a decade. :clapping

Gemini is the most significant hardware launch for DIRECTV’s satellite customers in nearly a decade. Building on DIRECTV’s already industry-best picture quality, this wirelessly connected device allows customers to watch 4K across their favorite apps1. Gemini also provides an integrated Google voice remote2 to help customers search thousands of their favorite apps like HBO Max, Netflix and others while eliminating the need to switch between TV inputs3. Best of all, the first Gemini device is included for new DIRECTV customers at no extra cost.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that's because they don't have enough Geminis to replace all the Minis and don't want to render perfectly good Minis useless since it sounds like new installs will be all Gemini - if so the ones that are returned wouldn't be re-used.

No doubt they'll relax the requirement eventually.
Are they still working on making more?

Sorry I was referring to the new customer offers. It looks like if you are a new customer getting only one TV they are indeed doing a Genie 2 and a Gemini client box.

Note the references to 450 DVR hours and 7 recordings at once.

View attachment 161493
View attachment 161494

There is an option to "Skip the Gemini Upgrade" that takes it back to a Genie 1 with clients, note the 200 hours DVR:

View attachment 161496
What would be the better route? A Wired Genie 1 with all normal Wired Genie Mini’s, or a Genie 2 (Wireless) with either Wireless Genie Mini’s or Gemini’s?

I also would wanna see them bring BET West, Cartoon Network West, Comedy Central West, Disney Channel West, Ion Television West, MTV West, Nick West, TBS West, and TNT West to DIRECTV via Internet, but all in HD.

Or at least shift their feeds so they can be aligned for the Pacific Time Zone (along with most other channels) if anyone from there orders DIRECTV via Internet

But that’s unlikely ever gonna happen, so….

I posted the differences previously but here it is again

yes the NFL Network

So going through the list of Stream vs Sat for the Entertainment package stream does not have (besides the mentioned NFL Net, music channels, religious, knock off shopping)

BYU TV (but BYU TV has their own app)
Any station that has a West station
MavTv
NASA

but on the chart on the D* site they say A&E, Lifetime, History and Vice are not in Entertainment on satellite

Choice has the same channels in both
Sadly, it looks like channels set for the West station will never come to DIRECTV via Internet, so I can kiss goodbye to watching NickW/Nick West (or any West station channel) if I get DIRECTV via Internet, unless they decide to bring those later on (I doubt they will, but anything can happen)

I guess if you already pay $23 for DVR, HD and Whole Home fees the $15 Gemini fee won't be in addition to that?
New subscribers won't have the $23 DVR, HD and Whole Home fees with satellite. They will only have the $15 Advanced Receiver fee. If you are a current satellite subscriber and are paying the $23 DVR, HD and Whole Home fees and you get a Gemini you will keep paying the $23 DVR, HD and Whole Home fees instead of the $15 Advanced Receiver fee.

Agree, charging the advanced receiver fee on streaming service is pretty lousy. At least they kept the BYOD option.
thank god this is only for new accts. there's no way i hell i would pay it on top of the $7.00 mirror fee. and that's for both sat and streaming:mad:. gotta love how there trying to gain customers back:shh:coco. there way of thinking makes no sense. i doubt either one will be around in 10 years!!!

Especially when the box is nothing but a glorified android box. If they add this to pre-existing accounts, I'm done.
well i was told that people with older accts will not have to pay the 15.00 advanced receiver fee. that it's only for new accts. and an advanced receiver fee for the gemini is a complete joke considering it's just an android box. and that's for both streaming and sat service!!! i also bet if you went from sat to streaming or reverse you will be hit with the 15.00 fee since it would be considered a new acct.

Not sure if creating DTV via Net is in preparation for a merger with Dish since Dish just announced they are going to build and launch a new Satellite.

Dish just announced they are going to build and launch a new Satellite.
Do what? A large publicly traded company is investing in the future of not only linear television, but linear television delivered via satellite.

Why didn't they just google up some junk websites like statistia and then project that the number of people who will leave linear TV will continue to decline until it reaches zero, because, apparently, there are people out there who are waiting for streaming to come to their town?

Fools. Use that google more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.