Next round of an old problem, 722K terminating recordings early

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
In doing a search in the forum, came across this issue from several months back, obviously DISH has not fixed the programming bug in the 'K'. This past week, while watching the OTA recordings of "Parenthood," "The Office," and "30 Rock," each was terminated early, "Parenthood" the only one to make it past the first five minutes. I have a 722 "straight," which also recorded the same "30 Rock," and it captured the entirety. I did file an e-mail complaint with DISH on this. I have had this problem sporadically, but it is annoying.:(

I see this from time to time on my 722k ,but it isn't necessarily confined to ota recordings. I get sat and ota recordings sometimes that freeze and I have to fast forward to the ending. There is no rhyme or reason to it. But I am a power user with 4 shows at a time going sometimes 3 or 4 times a week.

Actually I was about to post that we're running into this on our DVR 722 (not K) where a few of our daughter's shows cut off early, some only recording one or two minutes and some stopping at 15-18 minutes for a 30 minute program. The one this morning I noticed was Dino Dan on Nick Jr where the last 5 recordings were cut short, but I've seen it on others. Also we have 15 hours available on the DVR and other shows have recorded fine. Not sure what's up...

Did get a response from DISH, directing me to contact Tech Support, which I did. Now I am getting a replacement 'K,' but I fear this is a bigger problem, we shall see. At least they were very nice about the whole thing and volunteered the replacement. Maybe having been a customer since their second month of existence helped:) Now I get to export my unwatched shows to my EHD, and set up all the recording orders, again. This is the fourth 'K' I have had. Love the technology of the 'K,' but I had a 622 that ran like a top. Guess I was smitten with the two OTA capability of the 'K.'

This is the only real bug that I have had w/ the 722k. It killed Face the Nation yesterday. A replacement unit won't make any difference it's a s/w bug that happens to almost everyone.

Well mine's not a 'K' an we've had it for over three years with no problems. Did the 722 recently get updated? Like in the last few weeks? I wonder if a software bug that was on the 722K has gotten pushed to the 722.

Well mine's not a 'K' an we've had it for over three years with no problems. Did the 722 recently get updated? Like in the last few weeks? I wonder if a software bug that was on the 722K has gotten pushed to the 722.

There is a new 722 update currently being spooled out that is supposed to address some bugs.

ya it still happens. they never fixed anything. same as how it records "new" episodes dated 10/15/07....yup.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts