Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
long_time_DNC said:
That's what I liked so much about Enterprise - everyone knew how to act. TNG didn't really hit it's stride until the third season. That's about when everyone began to look like they were actually comfortable in their roles. The first and second seasons were pretty rough (the writer's strike didn't help the second season either).

Voyager: If it weren't for Neelix, and then Janeway giving the a**-chewing of the week, I think I would've enjoyed it more.

DS9: About the third season, this series also began to get it's legs.

I agree with everything you're saying.:)

WayneG said:
Deep Space 9 is my favorite Star Trek series and I've seen each series multiple times. While it did take a couple of years for DS9 to really get going I believe it helped build a great bond between the actors and hence the characters. The story lines often connected from show to show with the suspence of a good thriller. There were lots of interesting sub-characters and some of the best battle scenes of any series or movie.

I know many Trek fans look at DS9 as Deep Sleep 9 (because of the first two seasons) but if you really watch each episode in order I think you will find a great science fiction experience.

I agree. I had never watched either DS9 nor SNG in prime time but had got hooked on SNG in syndication. I'd catch an occasional DP9 but it never really did a lot for me but until I saw a few with some of the SNG characters. Then when I had a chance to start it from scratch, I did and it made a big difference. Still not as good as SNG but a repsectable 2nd.:D

I liked most of them. I think Voyager was the most popular in our household. None of us really got into Enterprise. How about a Voyager movie with 7 of 9 as the new captain. That could make things interesting.

Cyclone said:
One of my favorites :D ... I watched a Enterprise last night from a few years back, Carbon Creek a prequel episode in it's self :)
SatelliteGal said:
How about a Voyager movie with 7 of 9 as the new captain. That could make things interesting.
resistance is futile :)

Last edited:
OK. Here's the plot for the new movie:

Kirk makes it with all the babes at the academy, and Spock let's him copy his homework.

Think about it. :D

Carbon Creek was an enjoyable Ent. episode, I agree. :)

DS9 is easy to get in to...you just have to survive the Ferengi episodes in one piece. ;)

TNG is hard to beat. Once it hit season 3 and the cast was comfortable, it was pretty much a class act (save the Q does the Robin Hood thing...hated that episode).

Voyager had some high points, but the stories were often so lame, predictable and/or rehashed from TNG or DS9 that it hurt the show. That, and the constantly annoying Neelix....

Fav TNG episodes off hand, Yesterdays Enterprise and the One where they found Scotty... I also enjoyed the Borg season ending Cliff hanger and the first one of the next season and the one where they found Data's head in San Francisco... I watched TNG and DS9 from the feeds on C-Band on Saturdays...

WayneG said:
Deep Space 9 is my favorite Star Trek series and I've seen each series multiple times. While it did take a couple of years for DS9 to really get going I believe it helped build a great bond between the actors and hence the characters. The story lines often connected from show to show with the suspence of a good thriller. There were lots of interesting sub-characters and some of the best battle scenes of any series or movie.

I know many Trek fans look at DS9 as Deep Sleep 9 (because of the first two seasons) but if you really watch each episode in order I think you will find a great science fiction experience.

DS9 i really liked this one don't get me wrong anything Star trek is good but this one was really GOOD!

Watching TOS marathons on G4 is kinda fun, but the commercials are just about enough to drive a person nuts. And what heck is the deal with Trek 2.0?

Back to the prequel movie idea: if this thing happens, it'll be somewhat interesting to see what the technology level is at with Starfleet at that time. That's one of the things I liked about Enterprise...they took the technology back a few steps to be consistent and it worked well.

Just so you know what absolutely useless information is stuck in MY head:

dfergie said:
Fav TNG episodes off hand, Yesterdays Enterprise and the One where they found Scotty

"Relics"

... I also enjoyed the Borg season ending Cliff hanger and the first one of the next season

"The Best of Both Worlds" parts 1 and 2. Part 3 was called "Family" which I also enjoyed tremendously. This one mostly dealt with Jean Luc Picard going back to the old homestead to have his brother Robert kick him in the ass to get him over this Borg thing.

and the one where they found Data's head in San Francisco...

"Time's Arrow" parts 1 and 2. This was terrible IMHO. This was where TNG jumped the shark. After this, there were a few glimmers, but seasons 6 and 7 generally sucked.

See ya
Tony

I admitted this on another forum a while ago, but I like Ben Affleck Movies...I don't know why, I just do...Surviving Christmas, Jersey Girl, Armageddon...I like them...

I live in shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts