Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
long_time_DNC said:
I could see Damon in the role a lot better than I could envision Afleck in it... Thanks for the link!
You're welcome for the link. :up :)

Well, then a Trek Whale-Borg movie would top them all, right! Someone has to have photoshopped some borg headgear onto a whale by now...

long_time_DNC said:
I may have to try my hand at a Whale-Borg pic! :D

Maybe you could morph in a resurrected and asimilated Ricardo Montalban as leader of the Borg:D

Now THAT opens up a huge number of possibilities. Talk about take-offs.

Kinda reminds me of a certain Klingon saying "we don't like to talk about it" onboard the old Enterprise. I wonder how many Trek fans recognize that one....

No telling...

Let's see if it jogs some other memories.

Shatner Leaks Trek XI Details

Shatner Leaks Trek XI Details

William Shatner revealed to SCI FI Wire that the upcoming 11th Star Trek movie will indeed, as rumored, deal with the early years of Capt. James T. Kirk and Spock—and that he will definitely appear in the movie if director J.J. Abrams can find a place to use him. Shatner, who originated the role of Kirk in the original Trek series and several subsequent films, said in an interview that he was invited to meet with Abrams (Mission: Impossible III), who is also co-writing the movie.

"I met with J.J., and they told me they would like me to be part of their film, but they have to write the role," Shatner said in an interview.

As for the many rumors concerning the sequel's story, Shatner said that Abrams will explore Kirk and Spock during their Starfleet Academy years. "Yes, we know the story is based on young Kirk," Shatner said. Up until now, everyone connected with the film has maintained strict silence about the storyline, though rumors have run rampant that they concern Kirk and Spock's first missions.

As for Shatner's place in that storyline? "They need to figure out how to put the dead captain in with the young captain," he said. "It's a very complex, technical problem of how to write the character in, and I'm not sure how they will solve it." It sounds as if Shatner may play an older version of Kirk.

More from the Source: scifi.com

TOS Movies
1) Wrath of Khan
2) Voyage Home
3) Undiscovered Country
4) The Final Frontier
5) The Search for Spock
6)The Motion Picture

Next Gen
1) First Contact
2) Nemesis
3) Generations
4) Insurrection
My fav's although Generations could be considered Both I guess... I would rate it Behind Undiscovered Country in the TOS list...

I came in late here are my fav movies.

TOS Movies
1) Wrath of Khan
2) The Final Frontier
3) Undiscovered Country
4) Voyage Home
5) The Search for Spock
6)The Motion Picture

Next Gen
1) First Contact
2) Generations
3) Nemesis
4) Insurrection

I didn't liked all the Tv series,

1) Star Trek -Started it all best of all
2) TNG -Rebuilt the series probably the best stories, I liked Q.
3)Enterprise -I liked how it started from the beginning of space travel. plus TPol was hot.
4)Voyager-If it wasn't for 7 of 9 I wouldn't of watched.
5)DS9 -I just couldn't get into it once Worf joined the show it got terrible.

Ok, my list:

TOS Movies
1) Wrath of Khan
2) Voyage Home
3) Undiscovered Country
4) The Search for Spock
6)The Motion Picture
5) The Final Frontier

Next Gen
1) First Contact
2) Nemesis
3) Generations
4) Insurrection

As for the TV series':

1) TOS
2) TNG
3) Enterprise
4) DS9
5) Voyager (Neelix killed it for me, but dang, 7 of 9 was nice and Kes had a terrific voice - just lucious! :D)

"—and that he will definitely appear in the movie if director J.J. Abrams can find a place to use him. ..."

Yep- The Blob Who Ate Kirk.

Ok, my list:

TOS Movies
1) Wrath of Khan
2) Voyage Home
3) Undiscovered Country
4) The Search for Spock
6)The Motion Picture
5) The Final Frontier

Next Gen
1) First Contact
2) Nemesis
3) Generations
4) Insurrection

As for the TV series':

1) TOS
2) TNG
3) Enterprise
4) DS9
5) Voyager (Neelix killed it for me, but dang, 7 of 9 was nice and Kes had a terrific voice - just lucious! :D)
Certainly can't argue with the TOS movie list. (Although, you have TMP physically listed as 5, but with the number 6, and TFF listed as 6, with the number 5. Everyone can agree that TFF was easily the worst, and belongs at the bottom of the list.

As for the TNG movies, First Contact is easily the best. But, the rest are arguable. Insurrection is probably the worst, but may be tied with Nemesis. Generations, while having flaws, still had an interesting plot, a good cast, but was ultimately ruined by the way it unceremoniously killed Kirk. I guess First Contact is the only thing everyone could agree on there.

But, the TV Series? Enterprise sucked as hard as Voyager. I don't care how hot the aliens were, both those series sucked because they deviated from long-established scientific and historical "facts" of the ST universe. And, DS9 was quite good, with a great core group of characters. It took a little while to gain momentum, as did TNG, but once it got going, it was great. It was like a high-budget Babylon 5 (which is still arguably the best Sci-Fi TV series ever.) TS9 needs to be at #3.

And, putting aside stupid human emotions, as Spock would do, TNG was actually a better series than TOS. Sorry. But, that's the truth. And, this is coming from a man who watched and loved TOS from the very first episode aired in 1966. (The Man Trap). Man. I still remember sitting on the floor of the living room, watching it on our B&W Zenith.

So...
1-TNG
2-TOS
3-DS9
4-(tied)-Voyager
4-(tied)-Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.