Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
korsjs said:
i wonder who will be playing captain kirk.

A CG version of William Shatner....:D
or
William Shatner gets a liposuction, Kenny Rogers style facelift, a new hairpiece and a lot of makeup....:D
or
this guy....

160_ap_kevin_covais.jpg

Seriously, I don't think anoyone else should ever play Kirk, at least for the near future. William Shatner is Kirk, anyone else would ruin the role.

Personally, I enjoyed Enterprise, and was hoping for a movie with Archer and company. Probably never happen, though.

I would think a 2-3 movie series on the Romulan War would have been cool.

IMHO nothing has ever beat the "Next Generation" series, so if they built on that style and with the kind of quality writing and effects available today, they'd probably have another hit series.

I never could get into Voyager/Next Gen. But loved "Enterprise."

Can't imagine who would play Kirk. It could be a career ender. Just -pause- ENUNCIATE -pause- each -pause- and -pause- every -pause- word.

navychop said:
I never could get into Voyager/Next Gen. But loved "Enterprise."

Can't imagine who would play Kirk. It could be a career ender. Just -pause- ENUNCIATE -pause- each -pause- and -pause- every -pause- word.

I don't know. Patrick Stewart has been successful away from SNG. I think with Shatner, it's a case of where he just can't act that well. Actually none of the original cast were great actors but they worked so well together in the series and the show gained such popularity in syndication that people expected more out of them than they were capable of. I think the difference is the rest knew it but Shatner didn't.

waltinvt:

I meant being Kirk could be a career killer by association. He damn near killed off Iron Chef America. The revised show without him is a lot better, but still not up to the Japanese show.

"...I think the difference is the rest knew it but Shatner didn't...."

Ain't it the truth....:rolleyes:

That's what I liked so much about Enterprise - everyone knew how to act. TNG didn't really hit it's stride until the third season. That's about when everyone began to look like they were actually comfortable in their roles. The first and second seasons were pretty rough (the writer's strike didn't help the second season either).

Voyager: If it weren't for Neelix, and then Janeway giving the a**-chewing of the week, I think I would've enjoyed it more.

DS9: About the third season, this series also began to get it's legs.

long_time_DNC said:
DS9: About the third season, this series also began to get it's legs.

Deep Space 9 is my favorite Star Trek series and I've seen each series multiple times. While it did take a couple of years for DS9 to really get going I believe it helped build a great bond between the actors and hence the characters. The story lines often connected from show to show with the suspence of a good thriller. There were lots of interesting sub-characters and some of the best battle scenes of any series or movie.

I know many Trek fans look at DS9 as Deep Sleep 9 (because of the first two seasons) but if you really watch each episode in order I think you will find a great science fiction experience.

navychop said:
waltinvt:

I meant being Kirk could be a career killer by association. He damn near killed off Iron Chef America. The revised show without him is a lot better, but still not up to the Japanese show.

"...I think the difference is the rest knew it but Shatner didn't...."

Ain't it the truth....:rolleyes:

Oh ok, I get ya now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts