Nextorm / DVB World S2101 USB box, software needed pls

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
So last year a wind storm finally killed my BUD. We went with Dish for our daily programming, and I haven't used my PC DVB box since.

Hurricane & football season firing up I thought it'd be cool to see what wild feeds I could find. Problem is I can't find the original software. I have some old downloads that say nextorm, the look like the original, but they freeze up anytime I do a scan.

I'm running a fresh install of XP (so no chance of finding the original software on my PC) and a SG2100 motor on a ~30" dish. I get power to the motor as I can turn it manualy so I know the cables are all connected.

Any software suggestions? Downloads? links...

USB Box says NEXTORM, XP says it's a DVB S2101

Thanks!

Nextorm is the old software.
Go to the DVBWorld website (worlddvb), the "Softdown" tab, and the "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]DVBWorld Software and Drivers"
is what you are looking for.
Make sure the device is connected when you install the software/drivers, so the correct ones are installed.

Thanks for the site! I could not seem to find it.

I installed, in the breif second I can see it it looks similar to the original, just updated of course. But then says: "low power! LNB power closed! This program will be closed."

Is this on a laptop? You could disconnect other USB stuff to reduce load.

Time to get a powered USB hub, maybe...

There is a dedicated forum for PC cards and adapters. Don't be surprised if this thread goes over there...

Thanks, I wasn't thinking about the PC. My power supply went out the other day, and I think it took out the onboard USB with it, so I'm using a pci USB 2 card, guess that could be the problem. I loaded the software on the wifes computer and it runs. Haven't been able to scan a sat yet, but that's obviously other problems, motor, lnb, etc.

Thanks for the help & links!

PS the LF or LO for a std Ku Lnb is 9750 right?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts