NextWave Navigator NCC500 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Ice, what I was trying to understand is if I do have a DSR-922 with a motorized dish, would that suffice to move both the dish and the lnbf? For some reason, I keep thinking I am missing a part somewhere to set this all up.

I recently bought one of these units to primarily fine tune the skew of my polarotor and it works fine when it's ON, however, I was wondering why the heck everytime I turn the unit off, the polarity reverts back to a different position therefore losing the skew needed. Does anyone know how I can prevent it from doing that everytime I turn it off? I never had this problem with my uniden and echostar receivers, which when I turned them off they would keep the same polarity and skew as when I had them on.

If it did this since it was new, probably just the way the memory is managed. If this is just starting to happen recently, likely a failing capacitor. Remember, the receiver was N.O.S. 11 years ago when the thread was started. :biggrin

Reactions: KE4EST
If you still have the descramble module in it may be making it tune another channel. They were set this way so it wouldn't loose authorization.

If it did this since it was new, probably just the way the memory is managed. If this is just starting to happen recently, likely a failing capacitor. Remember, the receiver was N.O.S. 11 years ago when the thread was started. :biggrin

its been doing it since the moment I took it out of the unopened box

If you still have the descramble module in it may be making it tune another channel. They were set this way so it wouldn't loose authorization.

there is no descramble module inside

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)