NextWave NCC500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2005
Has some one use this box? Is it good?

I want to buy it just to control and move my 10 feet dish. I want to also buy a PanSat 3500 and slave them together.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2005
tdti1, I have read my other thread where you answer about which receiver to use. And I am still confused. Sorry, it seems I am stupid, but I want to make sure I understand. Can you clarify this for me Again, PLEASE.

Facts:
1) I have a 10 feet mesh dish with its mover
2) I want to get a channel called Teletica of PAS 3r. In lyngsat it says: Clear Digita, DBV
3) I do not have any receivers.

What I understand so far:

1) To be able to move my dish I will need:
a) an OLD receiver OR
b) a 4dtv receiver OR
c) V-Box with pansat or fortec for example.
2) To be able to get analog signal I need an OLD receiver OR a 4dtv
3) To get digital or which is the same as FTA I will need:
a) a Pansat, Fortec receiver OR
b) a 4dtv receiver.

If that is correct, then it looks like I could get what I want with a 4dtv. It will move my dish and I will get analog and digital.

Where I got confused is if the 4DTV will do analog and digital. I know for sure it will move the dish.

I was making some #s and a V-Box cost me like $50 dollars, plus a Pansat/Fortec receiver about $175 and I will not be able to get any analog For a grand total of about $225 dollars.

If I can do all of the above with a 4DTV ALONE then I will buy it because I can get analog also. BUt here is where I got confused, Do I still need an Old receiver with the 4DTV? Or the 4DTV will do it all:
a) MOve dish
b) Get Analog
c) Get Digital

Is the above correct?

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
Where are you located, Teletica is hard to get, the dish must be aligned the best it can be, and you will need a good lnb.

Unless you want HBO in Spanish and many other channels and analog then you do not need a 4dtv, yes the 4dtv is both digital/analog but it is DCII and a Pansat and others are DVB, if you only want that channel then go with a Pansat and a V-box or older analog only unit, but if you want free DVB and DCII digital channels with the ability to subscribe to some DCII programming then get a 4dtv with a Pansat, both go together like a fish and water, and with both you will have the best system around, there are many free Spanish channels in both DCII and DVB. Though I think telitica is the only one from Costa Rica.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 13, 2005
Thanks voomvoom and tdti1 for your answers.

Now I know why I was getting confused. I got confused reading another posting from Tdti1 to another member and he mentioned that 4DTV would do digital. BUT, I did not know that there was DC II Digital and Digital (DBV). OK, I got it know.

I am located in Tampa, FL, and Yes, that is the only channel from Costa Rica FTA. The other one is Channel 6 from Intelsat 805 but is encripted as it is offered as a local in Costa Rica by Direct TV.

I have a friend that has a 10 feet dish and is getting the channel with no problems, so I know I can get it too. I just got my 17 " pole yesterday and I got the cable, and the 4 feet hole is ready too. So, there I go slowly.

Is there much out there that I can miss in analog (good stuff)? Otherwise now that I understand this better, I will do V-Box and Pansat to get DVB ONLY. Now, if there is good stuff in analog then maybe I should get it. Can I connect an old receiver to move the dish and a PanSat togeter to get digital also? This way instead of putting the money in the V-Box I will put it in an old receiver from Ebay.

Thanks.

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
On analog there is still a bunch of channels that you can buy a la carte and there is also a bunch of free wildfeeds.

On 4dtv there is a ton of DCII programming to subscribe to and also many free ones along with the analog stuff, you can see what is up there for a 4dtv here at the bottom click 4dtv channels by catagory
http://broadband.motorola.com/4DTV/4DTVChannelUpdates_031205.htm

If you like movies it is great because you can change the language to Spanish on 90% of the movie channels, and the picture quality is great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts