Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P

What I had to do use use ES File Explorer to create a new folder in the root of the device and then copy and paste my pictures there and connect the phone to the PC and I was able to see that folder and copy the pictures to my desktop. I did the master reset last night and spent most of today re-downloading, installing and configuring everything. I can now see the contents of DCIM, Ringtones and a bunch of other folders that I wasn't able to before. I also took the time to configure Nova Launcher exactly how I wanted it, and played with the Premium features, since the paid version was on sale a week or two ago for 99 cents I got it. I absolutely love it! I can finally say there is at least one thing about this phone software-wise that I like better than stock HTC. I also took the opportunity to customize notifications on my apps. I don't need to be alerted every time the Russian Prime Minister farts.

Yes, remote storage solutions/services (I try to not use the term 'cloud', which is just some marketing buzzword some dipstick came up with to make this all sound new, exciting & modern, when the concept has been around forever) may be simple and convenient. But I don't necessarily like simple and convenient. I want a manual process that I initiate, that I have 110% control of. Which is why I wanted to chuck my iPhones out the window more times then I care to remember. I want to manually drag and drop files using a mouse and keyboard, not a clumsy touch interface. It takes about 10 seconds to plug the phone into a PC, navigate to the appropriate directory and copy/paste whatever you need versus launch an app, possibly logging into the app, selecting flies, uploading them, heaven forbid if you tap something by accident. I do have both a OneDrive and Google Drive account, neither of which I use actively. I tried to use them for sharing documents between work and home, but I can't do it. I'd rather RDP into my work desktop, copy the file to my home computer, work on it, save it and copy it back to to my work computer.

I'm the same way with music. Screw that Google streaming my music library crap. My music library is relatively small. Only about 1000 songs or so, but there is a unique copy of it on every device. One copy on my MP3 Player, one copy on my phone, one copy on the flash drive in my car, one copy on my desktop, one copy on my laptop. Music is purchased and download from Google on my desktop PC, then every 5 songs or so I hook up all of my devices up and copy/paste the new files. I would consider it a personal failure if I couldn't do something as simple as listen to a song with no internet or cell phone reception. You know, just how you used to be able to pop in a cassette into a Walkman and not be dependent on anything else, but a pair of AA batteries.

Thank God for unlimited data when having to redownload everything, not once but twice in the same billing cycle.

upload_2015-12-30_19-15-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-30_19-15-31.png
    upload_2015-12-30_19-15-31.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 231
Steve, it's certainly not for everyone. I just mentioned it in the off chance you weren't aware how easy it was to use.

Hopefully you get your issues fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get the opportunity to root. The original set of instructions I saw didn't make much sense to me and I didn't want to risk anything. Last night, after looking over what was posted on XDA, I feel more confident, but I need to do it when I have time I can dedicate to doing it. The whole TWRP Recovery thing is new to me. Couldn't tell you want that means or does without looking it up. I don't believe I had to mess with that with my Evos. Once I have the opportunity to familiarize myself with the process, I'll do it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/guides-how-to-guides-beginners-t3206928

My Nexus 6P is just about toast, well the battery is anyway. For a few months now, my battery has been absolute garbage. On Easter Sunday when at a relative’s house I got six hours’ worth of battery life. I did a full factory reset on my phone, cleared the cache partition, ran phone with zero apps on it for a handful of days, other than the preinstalled Google apps and didn’t achieve anything much better. Now, nearing the end of June I’m at about half that. Three to Three and a half hours max is what I get out of the 6P, and that’s barley even touching it. My 20 minute ride to work with Bluetooth not connected, eats up 15%. Normally I’m against running battery apps, but I downloaded AccuBattery and have been using it for about a week and it reports that I’m at 16% battery health, or a whopping 535 mAh.

I’ve really come to like this phone, and do not have the desire to use any other Android phone that’s on the market right now as I’m waiting for Taimen. It’s a good thing I only wear cargo pants, because if I am planning to be away from a charging source for more than an hour and I want to take my phone with me, I keep the big Anker power bank that supports USB C in a spare pocket.

I’m guessing this will only get worse. I’m highly considering moving over to the Windows Phone platform with the HP Elite X3 for the next 6 months. But that means I would have to switch carriers since that phone us GSM only, and I use Sprint. Over the next week or two I’m going to weighing my options.

Not worth it. Pretty much have to be a heart surgeon to take the thing a part. I don't have the patience or steady hand it requires to disassemble the phone and put it back together without destroying it. Besides, it's impossible to find a Huawei OEM battery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)