Nexus One complaints start rolling in...

There is also a "complaint" from the family of author Philip K. Dick, who thinks google stole the name Nexus One from Dick's book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeep. The androids that the bounty-hunter in the book (yes, this is the story that Blade Runner is based on), was going after were a Nexus-6 model.

Creative on Google's part, although I don't know if the Dick's have a case.

The should have called it "iphone wanna be but fell short -one" LOL
Pissing off Jobs as much as it did made its development well worth it, regardless of the name...:)

I think the iPad's unlocked option is there only because of Nexus One. If it takes off Apple will claim they invented it...:)

Diogen.

Alright, lets keep this on the topic. I should have said that earlier instead of saying "whatever" -- but all I was originally doing was pointing out the "complaint" that the Dick family was making -- about the NAME.

As I stated in another thread, there is something that is wrong with buying a phone that the only carrier that can use it on does not support it. Talk about a bunch of finger pointing by Google and T-Mobile once something strange goes wrong. Neither company is going to want to help if they can not 100% tell it is their problem.

That is, of course, a matter of opinion. If you like the android based phones then enjoy. I'll stick with the iPhone until something that works better for me comes along.

Mario
This is very true. I should have stated people that are a bit more tech savvy seem to enjoy open source and truly customization of the android platform! Where as my younger cousin's love there i phone's just point an click. You are very correct it is one's opinion.

As I stated in another thread, there is something that is wrong with buying a phone that the only carrier that can use it on does not support it. Talk about a bunch of finger pointing by Google and T-Mobile once something strange goes wrong. Neither company is going to want to help if they can not 100% tell it is their problem.
This is one very BIG reason i have shy ed away from purchasing the Nexus!

Who needs the Nexus? I am now running the new gallery and the Weather and News Widgets from the Nexus on my Moto Droid, and loving it. The new launcher is also available, but apparently a bit buggy.

Check out the Android Apps thread for more info.

There is also a "complaint" from the family of author Philip K. Dick, who thinks google stole the name Nexus One from Dick's book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeep. The androids that the bounty-hunter in the book (yes, this is the story that Blade Runner is based on), was going after were a Nexus-6 model.

Creative on Google's part, although I don't know if the Dick's have a case.

What a bunch of Dicks! :D

Sorry, had to do it.

You can now call Google for your Nexus One problems

You can now call Google for your Nexus One problems

It seems is on a vendetta against all Nexus One troubles. They fixed the 3G issues last week, yesterday they slashed the ETF by 200 bucks and now they have an actual phone number people can call for customer support. That’s definitely a first for Google. You can call them at 1-888-48-NEXUS (63987), available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST). However, you can only call them for issues related to your order status. If the issues is related call HTC, and if it’s network related call T-Mobile.​
Google’s customer support for Nexus One has been a nightmare so far. Mainstream consumers won’t sit on a computer and scroll through discussion forums for half an hour and Google learned that the hard way. At least this shows they’re paying attention and doing everything they can.​