NFL 2008-09 Season

They perform about as you'd expect for a team run by someone from auto industry.

Yeah, that Ford stock is making everybody rich.:rolleyes: What does the employment market looking like down there? We want to move, and NC is high on the list. If any of the Big 3 fold, Detroit will become a ghost town, and it's really bad around here already.

Oh please, no comparison. The Lions have lost there HOME games by a 22.8 pt. differential. I don't know how many sacks we have, but we have only 2 interceptions this season. Our QB's throw that many a game. Didn't you pick us to win last week? How did that work out for you?

BTW, I'll thank your Browns for clinching my win in the pick-em pool for the second straight week.

Paul,
The Lions actually have 17 sacks, I guy has 5, I didn't recognize his name though, then again, I don't recognize many anymore, they've pretty much gotten rid of anyone that can make plays other than Sims.
Like you said they only have 2 picks, combine that with 1.5 sacks a game and you see why the D* is the laughing stock.
Look at the O and you'll see they are also the laughing stock too....
I'm surprised Leno hasn't ripped on them more often than he has.

Jimbo

HD,

you have to admit, I was right about Buffalo's inability to exploit Cleveland.

I know Trent Edwards threw a TD and ran for one, but Marshawn Lynch carried him; oh, and the other score was a kickoff return, so the Browns D did look very good, as I predicted.

HD,

I know Trent Edwards threw a TD and ran for one, but Marshawn Lynch carried him; oh, and the other score was a kickoff return, so the Browns D did look very good, as I predicted.

sabres i'm curious of your opinions on trent edwards. can you share? i want to see if we're on the same page

i'm curious of your opinions on trent edwards. can you share? i want to see if we're on the same page

Trent Edwards has a weak arm.

As I told HD MM, unlike Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, or Roethlisberger, Edwards doesn't have the ability to throw a deep ball to exploit Cleveland's D.

IMO, Edwards is a weak-armed wimp.

I don't like these 'manage-the-game' quarterbacks- remember, I grew up as a Bills fan during the Jim Kelly era.

HD MM's Browns have quarterbacks who are MANLY and can throw DEEP throws, not these wimpy little dinks and dunks.

Look at the big throws Kurt Warner and Drew Brees have made this year.

Honestly, I hope Jauron starts J.P. Losman- and against the Chiefs and 49ers, that's a soft slate!

Trent Edwards has a weak arm.

As I told HD MM, unlike Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, or Roethlisberger, Edwards doesn't have the ability to throw a deep ball to exploit Cleveland's D.

IMO, Edwards is a weak-armed wimp.

I don't like these 'manage-the-game' quarterbacks- remember, I grew up as a Bills fan during the Jim Kelly era.

HD MM's Browns have quarterbacks who are MANLY and can throw DEEP throws, not these wimpy little dinks and dunks.

Look at the big throws Kurt Warner and Drew Brees have made this year.

Honestly, I hope Jauron starts J.P. Losman- and against the Chiefs and 49ers, that's a soft slate!

you took the words right out of my mouth sabres! :up

Rey,

as a Dolphin fan,

what did you think of Jay Fielder? IMO, he was a decent successor to Marino- he got Wannstedt a playoff win and division title!

my opinions of jay fiedler are not that good. he was a smart qb but very weak arm. those throws would stay up there all day long. he was short , something that's not good for a qb. the playoff and title are more of a credit to the great defense we had back then. it's funny, all those years with marino and we never had defense nor a running game. after marino we finally get a defense with running game but a decent qb. we were never able to take advantage of marino nor the defense we had after him. so now we're in the rebuilding stages so lets see if we can finally get it all together.

on your comment with the bills and j.kelly. i know they whipped our buts a lot and every now and then we at least got one in there but i have to admit i miss those times. it was a pleasure for me watching the bills with kelly and that no huddle offense. to go to that many superbowls is an accomplishment. even though they didn't win one the fact they went back that many times is an accomplishment you can be proud of. to me they are the best team to not win a superbowl. hell we haven't seen a superbowl since 85. i would've liked to at least gone to another one by now :)

the bills from the 90's is the only team to be used by the set of nfl films "Americas Game" that never won the superbowl. that says it all :up the title is "the missing rings"

you took the words right out of my mouth sabres! :up

The that means you don't like you current QB, Chad Penningtion. Because the little dink passes is all he can do. AND he is known as a "manage-the-game" QB and quite honestly, if it werent for HIM....you guys might not be anywhere NEAR the record you have now.

I am not a big fan of those guys either, but those "wimpy" QBs make VERY LITTLE mistakes. Did you know that Pennington is THE MOST ACCURATE QB of ALL TIME??!! And in the top 10 passer rating of ALL TIME?

The that means you don't like you current QB, Chad Penningtion. Because the little dink passes is all he can do. AND he is known as a "manage-the-game" QB and quite honestly, if it werent for HIM....you guys might not be anywhere NEAR the record you have now.

I am not a big fan of those guys either, but those "wimpy" QBs make VERY LITTLE mistakes. Did you know that Pennington is THE MOST ACCURATE QB of ALL TIME??!! And in the top 10 passer rating of ALL TIME?

Either Trent Edwards had a bad game or he is an acception to this rule.

HD,

You are right. I haven't seen much of Trent, but from what I saw from him on Monday, it was almost as if he was scared to go down field. Hell, your #1 WR, Lee Evans didn't have a single catch!

A few things I can make of this.

#1. Since Trent had a few early interceptions, maybe he wanted to play it safe and make higher percentage short passes instead of gambling on the long passes. I don't think he's not able to throw down field and instead, maybe it was by choice.

#2. Looking at his stats, Trent was a better QB before that concussion he suffered in Week 5. Leading up to that, Trent had a QB rating of 94% (very good by most standards). Following his return, Trent has averaged a QB rating of 72%. This may lead one to think that he's either not fully healed from the concussion or he is now gun shy in the pocket because of it.

#3. Remember, Trent got drafted the same year as "The Mighty Quinn". Quinn made his first professional start last week. I expect growing pains from him before it's said and done. It's only fair to allow Trent the same time to grow into the position.

no, i actually like chad pennington because of the reasons you posted. he's actually the best we've had since marino retired. but he's definitely not the future for this franchise if you get my drift.

and yes i knew he's the most accurate passer of all time. but some of these other wimpy arm qb's aren't as smart as he is nor do they manage the game as well as he does. like i've told you before,if chad had russell's arm we would be set here in miami :)

no, i actually like chad pennington because of the reasons you posted. he's actually the best we've had since marino retired. but he's definitely not the future for this franchise if you get my drift.

and yes i knew he's the most accurate passer of all time. but some of these other wimpy arm qb's aren't as smart as he is nor do they manage the game as well as he does. like i've told you before,if chad had russell's arm we would be set here in miami :)

Infact, the last so-called "wimpy" arm QB to do anything significant was a Raider...Rich Gannon won the league MVP in 2002.:up:D:cool:

Hell, your #1 WR, Lee Evans didn't have a single catch!

For all your criticisms of Braylon Edwards, at least he can make some big catches.

Lee Evans, OTOH, to paraphrase Homer Simpson, "couldn’t catch cooties at Milhouse’s birthday party."

He had ONE great game- 265 yards against the Texans and 2 80+ yard touchdowns- and has done little since.

For all your criticisms of Braylon Edwards, at least he can make some big catches.

Lee Evans, OTOH, to paraphrase Homer Simpson, "couldn’t catch cooties at Milhouse’s birthday party."

He had ONE great game- 265 yards against the Texans and 2 80+ yard touchdowns- and has done little since.

By Lee Evans not having any catches doesn't mean he's a miserable receiver. Maybe it's because Trent didn't throw down field and give him a chance at all?

Mort on The Mighty Quinn

Chris Mortensen: Browns fans will tell you that I am very high on Derek Anderson and opposed his benching. But after listening to all the critics during that pre-draft analysis of Quinn, I have seen enough from Quinn in practice, preseason and these two starts to see that he is going to be an absolute star in the NFL. I'm not just faulting the Dolphins - I'm saying a lot of teams blew it on Quinn. He prepares like Peyton Manning. Physically, he's big, strong & athletic. I can tell he knows how to play fast. His arm is actually stronger than advertised. His leadership is champion-like. You don't pass on QBs like that, so I assign this oversight to a lot of teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts