NFL 2008-09 Season

I think the Al Davis-Lane Kiffin-Rob Ryan relationship showed why you let a coach bring in his people. You bring in people to complement your strategy or compensate for a weak point in your style. How do you think an OC or DC is going to feel if weeks after they are hired a coach is brought in that is going to call the plays? It's backwards any way you look at it, the team starts with the coach, everything needs to them complement that. All the offensive and defensive philosophies... Davis might bring in a 3-4 DC, pair him with a 4-3 defensive minded coach while you have a 46 type of personnel group. Without knowing what the HC is going to bring to the table, I don't see how you can properly hire the rest of the staff under almost any circumstances..

But according to who? Have you ever been a head football coach? I like the idea of uou have all your coaches lined up and then you hire your HD according to what has been already been hired to lead your specific areas of your team. Hey, it could work...no on has ever done it from what I can remember. NOT gonna knock it because it is not the traditional way of hiring your coaching staff.

But according to who? Have you ever been a head football coach? I like the idea of uou have all your coaches lined up and then you hire your HD according to what has been already been hired to lead your specific areas of your team. Hey, it could work...no on has ever done it from what I can remember. NOT gonna knock it because it is not the traditional way of hiring your coaching staff.

If 'have you ever been a HC' is all you have to argue against putting the cart before the horse you need to step away from the kool-aid and look at it a little more objectively.

Here's an article about it... they supposeldy 'have a plan' - Raiders believe they have a plan / No head coach, but plenty of staff moves

You're a Raiders fan, what do you see happening? If it's Cable why isn't he already officially the coach?

from the article said:
"When it's all done, there will be a very detailed explanation as to why we are moving the way we are. We're connecting the dots and we're doing things the right way.

"This is a very well-thought-out, reasoned game plan."

Can't wait to see/hear this... wonder if a bed and breakfast is involved this time. Just don't see how you can blindly defend it is all.

If 'have you ever been a HC' is all you have to argue against putting the cart before the horse you need to step away from the kool-aid and look at it a little more objectively.

Here's an article about it... they supposeldy 'have a plan' - Raiders believe they have a plan / No head coach, but plenty of staff moves

You're a Raiders fan, what do you see happening? If it's Cable why isn't he already officially the coach?

Can't wait to see/hear this... wonder if a bed and breakfast is involved this time. Just don't see how you can blindly defend it is all.

On the contrary....You haven't been here long enough to know that UNLIKE most here, no one has been more OBJECTIVELY critical of the Raiders than I have. And what I mean by that is....legit critizism...not he usual hating of "they suck" or "the team is a bunch of quitters". No cool aid here....and probably one of the VERY FEW logically thinking homer of his teams on this site.

Because of the lack of success the organization has had since the Super Bowl ass whipping, this is a different approach that Raiders fans will be open to BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED!:rolleyes: So when NOTHING ELSE has worked....I welcome this with open arms. Maybe it takes working with strangers at a new place to make things work...

...hey...like average folks like YOU AND I do when we get a new job....!!! WOW!! What a concept...!!:eureka:rolleyes:

No offense Salsa, but if I was offered a job with that organization, despite the probable pay raise I'd receive, I still wouldn't accept it. :D

HELL.... I am a Raider fan and I WOULD think 5 to 10 times REALLY hard before I would EVEN CONSIDER the job. Dude, you are preachin' to the choir!!:(

Well , not the rest of Detroit. Most of us are unemployed, the rest work as hard as anybody if not harder. Millen was "phoning it in", Inow believe that Ford is a lot more meddling than the rest of the nation believes.

I apologize about the "collecting a check" comment. I am well aware of the current state of the economy and the job market out there. My wife was unemployed for a while a year ago and it was tough. Sad attempt at humor on my part. :(

I apologize about the "collecting a check" comment. I am well aware of the current state of the economy and the job market out there. My wife was unemployed for a while a year ago and it was tough. Sad attempt at humor on my part. :(

Matt, no offense taken. Matt Millen brings out the worst in me. I should be the one to apologize here, I didn't think you were being mean, but my post came off that way.

Matt, no offense taken. Matt Millen brings out the worst in me. I should be the one to apologize here, I didn't think you were being mean, but my post came off that way.

The way I look at is, all we can do is laugh in tough times and try to hold your head high. I'm not too PC as you may have noticed.

Actually, the reason why I'm not too "PC" is prolly because I'm a MAC! :p

:D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNnX6XRQBec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNnX6XRQBec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)