NFL 2008-09 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If people can forget Leonard Little killed someone in a DUI, people can forget Vick and his dogs. He's done his time.

Not saying more people will be able to forget, given he plays at the most prominent position in the league, and everyone can relate to a family pet... but it's not inconceivable he can/will return to the NFL.

Who the hell is Leonard Little? As for Vick, see that you are so understanding, he can play for your team, who ever that is. When he comes to Detroit he'll get the appropriate response. Trust me.

Who the hell is Leonard Little? As for Vick, see that you are so understanding, he can play for your team, who ever that is. When he comes to Detroit he'll get the appropriate response. Trust me.

I would not bet on it. The urban market though of him as an OJ around here. Certain groups were PO'd that he was even arrested.

They were discussing this very subject on Dan Patrick's radio show the other day and the statement was made that unfortunetly in today's society, it is possible that someone could be forgiven more for killing a human being than a dog or other housepet. and almost any team in the NFL would be hard pressed to justify giving Vick another chance!!!...:(

While I don't necessairly agree with the first part, I do have to agree with the second part of that statement!!!...:mad:

more people can relate to animal cruelty than a person they dont know being killed depending on the circumstances.

ESPN just ripped the Raiders... assembling a staff sans coach = continued failure. Since their super bowl loss the lions have won more games and they spotted the Raiders a season.

Cable acting as interim coach going on 3 weeks without a contract... its clear Davis probably targeting a SB contender but why would they go to Oakland if they cant bring in their own like minded staff?

When that reality happens... Cable will be retained imo.

more people can relate to animal cruelty than a person they dont know being killed depending on the circumstances.

ESPN just ripped the Raiders... assembling a staff sans coach = continued failure. Since their super bowl loss the lions have won more games and they spotted the Raiders a season.

Cable acting as interim coach going on 3 weeks without a contract... its clear Davis probably targeting a SB contender but why would they go to Oakland if they cant bring in their own like minded staff?

When that reality happens... Cable will be retained imo.

WHERE are you getting that "its clear Davis probably targeting a SB contender" when it has been more than clear that he was impressed by Martindale and was impressed by the improvement of the team lead by Cable..??!!:confused:

And what does what the Lions have done have anything to do with that the Raiders have done? I mean I can say the since Vegas has become a major metropolis, they have yet to land a professional franchise of ANY KIND and a little town like Oklahoma City has......one has nothing to do with the other....:rolleyes:

WHERE are you getting that "its clear Davis probably targeting a SB contender" when it has been more than clear that he was impressed by Martindale and was impressed by the improvement of the team lead by Cable..??!!:confused:
Yeah I haven't heard of this either.in fact no one is absolutely sure what Davis is doing but it appears at the moment that davis is trying to resolve this in house.

And what does what the Lions have done have anything to do with that the Raiders have done? I mean I can say the since Vegas has become a major metropolis, they have yet to land a professional franchise of ANY KIND and a little town like Oklahoma City has......one has nothing to do with the other....:rolleyes:
i guess the comparison was made based on wins and loses since a specified date. we all know both franchises have been struggling for a while now but it's safe to say the lions have been in the hole a lot longer than the raiders. they both have bad ownership. davis's excuse is that he's too old. so what has been ford's excuse all this time? at least Davis was a hell of an owner and GM at his prime.

i guess the comparison was made based on wins and loses since a specified date. we all know both franchises have been struggling for a while now but it's safe to say the lions have been in the hole a lot longer than the raiders. they both have bad ownership. davis's excuse is that he's too old. so what has been ford's excuse all this time? at least Davis was a hell of an owner and GM at his prime.

Morning Rey!

Davis has no excuse other than his thinking of running a football team passed him by about 5 years ago....ironically right after they lost a Super Bowl to a team that KNEW what was coming.....:rolleyes: Anyway, I cannot speak for Ford and what has happened in Detroit...clearly they have struggled and the ONLY people that should be shamed is the management of the franchise, not the players.

Morning Rey!

Davis has no excuse other than his thinking of running a football team passed him by about 5 years ago....ironically right after they lost a Super Bowl to a team that KNEW what was coming.....:rolleyes: Anyway, I cannot speak for Ford and what has happened in Detroit...clearly they have struggled and the ONLY people that should be shamed is the management of the franchise, not the players.

morning! :up

If he's not targeting a Super Bowl coordinator why hasnt Cable been let go? If he remains on 'good' terms with Cable he can still bring him back (or perhaps Cable cant get a gig elsewhere and is clinging?)... I'd say good terms probably doesn't matter to Davis, but he's losing people he's interviewed to head coach to coordinator positions. Cable is wearing his interim label right now without a contract (so presumably without pay?), sounds like a good little soldier. ESPN mentioned that perhaps Davis wants to go after Todd Haley like the Chiefs are expected to do.

Any reputable coach is going to want to bring in their own staff, it just doesn't make sense what Davis is doing. Really has to be frustrating for Raiders fans given the amount of talent on the team... arguably the best talent in the division... but clearly the worst run organization in the league.

I made the Lions comparison is because of how audible the 'omg Lions suck' is on this board, the Raiders have the worst winning percentage in the NFL since their super bowl year - and the Lions went a season with 0 wins... it's a pretty impressive streak of futility.

If he's not targeting a Super Bowl coordinator why hasnt Cable been let go? If he remains on 'good' terms with Cable he can still bring him back (or perhaps Cable cant get a gig elsewhere and is clinging?)... I'd say good terms probably doesn't matter to Davis, but he's losing people he's interviewed to head coach to coordinator positions. Cable is wearing his interim label right now without a contract (so presumably without pay?), sounds like a good little soldier. ESPN mentioned that perhaps Davis wants to go after Todd Haley like the Chiefs are expected to do.

Any reputable coach is going to want to bring in their own staff, it just doesn't make sense what Davis is doing. Really has to be frustrating for Raiders fans given the amount of talent on the team... arguably the best talent in the division... but clearly the worst run organization in the league.

I made the Lions comparison is because of how audible the 'omg Lions suck' is on this board, the Raiders have the worst winning percentage in the NFL since their super bowl year - and the Lions went a season with 0 wins... it's a pretty impressive streak of futility.

The approach is definately different and at this point, Raiders fans are willing to try anything. MAYBE the tradtional way of hiring coachs....headcoach and then all his buddies is not the right way....maybe you try to hire the best available talent for each positition and have the head coach delgates...then making the final decisions on what to do with certain plays/players. WHO KNOWS, it might be crazy enough to work. No one else has tried it....

The approach is definately different and at this point, Raiders fans are willing to try anything. MAYBE the tradtional way of hiring coachs....headcoach and then all his buddies is not the right way....maybe you try to hire the best available talent for each positition and have the head coach delgates...then making the final decisions on what to do with certain plays/players. WHO KNOWS, it might be crazy enough to work. No one else has tried it....

I think the Al Davis-Lane Kiffin-Rob Ryan relationship showed why you let a coach bring in his people. You bring in people to complement your strategy or compensate for a weak point in your style. How do you think an OC or DC is going to feel if weeks after they are hired a coach is brought in that is going to call the plays? It's backwards any way you look at it, the team starts with the coach, everything needs to them complement that. All the offensive and defensive philosophies... Davis might bring in a 3-4 DC, pair him with a 4-3 defensive minded coach while you have a 46 type of personnel group. Without knowing what the HC is going to bring to the table, I don't see how you can properly hire the rest of the staff under almost any circumstances.

Edit: and about the bringing in your people thing... its not like the owner doesn't have input... Marty trying to bring in his son (even just to interview I think?) was one of the disagreements that led to him getting fired.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts