NFL 2008-09 Season

Uh oh!!!!!!!!!!

I am hating on Joey because he's a thug. Plain and simple. I don't care how many rings he has or how mediocre he is at tackling, I have ZERO respect for the guy because he's an idiot and I just can't get around that. Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth.

In the past, he defended Michael Vick and his dog ring, he defended Plaxico and carrying guns illegally, breeds dogs (pit bulls) that get loose and eat horses, gets into was fights at clubs in Vegas, made derogatory comments about Kellen Winslow, makes assassin "guarantees", he called out and berated ex-coach Cam Cameron, etc........

Just because Joey's an ex-Steeler doesn't mean you have to stick up for him. He's a very unsavory human being. Rooting for a guy like this doesn't make a lot of sense.

Had to change my quote. LMAO.:D

Winslow is a a**.

Well.....I just saw the Raiders 2009 schedule and I think it is MUCH tougher than this years.

2009 Oakland Raiders non-divisional opponents:

HOME:
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
New York Jets

AWAY:
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Houston Texans.

Well.....I just saw the Raiders 2009 schedule and I think it is MUCH tougher than this years.

2009 Oakland Raiders non-divisional opponents:

HOME:
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
New York Jets

AWAY:
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Houston Texans.

I like Oakland as one of my surprise teams in 2009, but that away schedule is downright BRUTAL!!! :eek:

I like Oakland as one of my surprise teams in 2009, but that away schedule is downright BRUTAL!!! :eek:

Yeah...scary ain't it. Considering what Miami and Atlanta did....ANYONE can have a quick turnaround....even my Raiders. But if you look at the schedule based on THIS years final tally....outside of KC, Cleveland and Cincinnati....it is murderers row!

A. There wasn't a clear cut favorite this year

B. Manning led the Colts to 9 straight wins to finish the season, and single handedly saved them from losing more games early on when they were banged up. Don't hate the guy because he's good.
C. I think the win against Jacksonville towards the end of the season sewed it up for Manning. He went 29/34, 364 yards, 3 TDs while the team could only manage 32 rushing yards.

A. There wasn't a clear cut favorite this year

B. Manning led the Colts to 9 straight wins to finish the season, and single handedly saved them from losing more games early on when they were banged up. Don't hate the guy because he's good.

Personally, what Chad Pennington did was way over more impressive than Manning accomplished. IF both players were not playing for the teams...they both MIGHT win 3 or 4 games. BUT, considering the season Miami had last year, this season makes him MORE WORTHY of an MVP....in my opinion.

Personally, what Chad Pennington did was way over more impressive than Manning accomplished. IF both players were not playing for the teams...they both MIGHT win 3 or 4 games. BUT, considering the season Miami had last year, this season makes him MORE WORTHY of an MVP....in my opinion.
Not to knock Pennington or the Dolphins because what they did was impressive, but Pennington is no MVP. Pennington comes from the Trent Dilfer school of QBing; just don't f*** things up for us. The guy is good at managing a game, but he does it by throwing for 150 yards and not turning it over. The league MVP award is for someone who blows it out of the water statistically and wins. Peyton does that. As was mentioned earlier, Manning's performance against the Jags. It would take Pennington a month to get 360 yards passing. You could make an argument for Drew Brees except that the Saints sucked so all his stats were meaningless.

i love what chad did too for the fins this season but I don't mind that Peyton got the award.He deserves it. His stats are solid this season and honestly I would take Peyton anytime as my QB:). By the way I like your avatar salsa:D The Heat is on........

Yeah...scary ain't it. Considering what Miami and Atlanta did....ANYONE can have a quick turnaround....even my Raiders. But if you look at the schedule based on THIS years final tally....outside of KC, Cleveland and Cincinnati....it is murderers row!

Don't expect Cleveland to be push-overs next year. We had a down year, primarily made worse by injuries. We'll be back next year and will kick Oakland's ass.

Chad got recognized for what he did this year. He won the "Comeback Player of the Year" award. Speaking of which, this was the 2nd time that Chad has won this award! How does one win this thing twice in a career? Could it be that Chad is just good one year and sucks the next? ;)

Chad got recognized for what he did this year. He won the "Comeback Player of the Year" award. Speaking of which, this was the 2nd time that Chad has won this award! How does one win this thing twice in a career? Could it be that Chad is just good one year and sucks the next? ;)

I think the 1st one was after a major injury.He had a good season following that and after being let go by the jets ,having a great season after that situation.

Pennington did come in a distant 2nd...

AP NFL MVP voting
Player Team Votes
Peyton Manning Colts 32
Chad Pennington Dolphins 4
Michael Turner Falcons 4
Adrian Peterson Vikings 3
James Harrison Steelers 3
Philip Rivers Chargers 2
Chris Johnson Titans 1
Kurt Warner Cardinals 1

Manning did deserve it by far though.

Greatest Team in Your Lifetime

What we love about sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)