NFL 2008-09 Season

When George Allen came there in the early 70's, he liked to get into the Cowboys' heads. He knew they hated to wear their blue jerseys, so he made the Redskins wear white at RFK. I guess they started to like it. I can't believe they would have worn burgundy at a home playoff game against the Cowboys.

Saturday 8-16-08 NFL Preseason Schedule

All Times Eastern

7:00 PM
Washington at NY Jets (NFL Network)

7:30 PM
Indianapolis at Atlanta

Miami at Jacksonville

Minnesota at Baltimore

8:00 PM
Houston at New Orleans

San Diego at St. Louis

Arizona at Kansas City

9:00 PM
Dallas at Denver

Chicago at Seattle

Green Bay at San Francisco

Last edited:
Schedule change jets game was picked up instead of broncos for the live broadcast on nfl network.
All Times Eastern

7:00 PM
Washington at NY Jets

7:30 PM
Indianapolis at Atlanta

Miami at Jacksonville

Minnesota at Baltimore

8:00 PM
Houston at New Orleans

San Diego at St. Louis

Arizona at Kansas City

9:00 PM
Dallas at Denver (NFL Network)

Chicago at Seattle

Green Bay at San Francisco

Schedule change jets game was picked up instead of broncos for the live broadcast on nfl network.

Thanks, MShaw :). Gee, I wonder why NFLN switched games? :rolleyes:

Is it gonna be like this ALL season? I read that CBS' "A" team (Nantz/Simms) were scheduled to do KC-NE on opening day, but got switched to NYJ-MIA because of you know who.

No, if you go back to the original page on nflnetwork.com that had the schedule for the 54 games in what ever days you will find it was changed the 14th, but the only thing they updated was that game was dropped and the other was added. However, the times for the first showings of several games has changed for this week, but is not current on that schedule. Check your program guide or the nflnetwork.com schedule for more updated info.

I read that CBS' "A" team (Nantz/Simms) were scheduled to do KC-NE on opening day, but got switched to NYJ-MIA because of you know who.

To be fair, K.C. could be one of, if not, THE worst teams in the AFC.

Why would CBS' top team want to announce a potential bludgeoning?

Jacksonville/Tennessee would have been a better game for them.

Sunday 8-17-08

7:30pm ET

Detroit at Cincinnati

8:00pm ET

New England at Tampa Bay (NFL Network)*

*- Unless NFLN decides to change it's coverage to Favre brushing his teeth.

To be fair, K.C. could be one of, if not, THE worst team in the AFC.

Why would CBS' top team want to announce a potential bludgeoning?

To be fair, why would CBS want to send their top announcer team to cover a game with a 4-12 team vs. a 1-15 team? Never mind, I think we all know the answer. :rolleyes:

BTW, I don't think KC-NE was the best game on CBS 9/7 schedule either (far from it), that would be Jacksonville-Tennessee. But of course CBS wants to feature the circus show instead. BUT, my original point was that CBS already made their week 1 assignments and changed them at the last minute because of "You Know Who", and I only hope this sideshow doesn't continue through the whole season.

And miss out a chance to get good camera shots of Jeff Garcia's smoking hot wife?

I don't think they (NFLN or any network for that matter) are smart enough to realize we would much rather look at Carmela than Y.K.W. In fact, I don't think they realize the majority would rather watch a tooth extraction!

my original point was that CBS already made their week 1 assignments and changed them at the last minute because of "You Know Who", and I only hope this sideshow doesn't continue through the whole season.

I'll bet NBC did the same thing when Montana joined the Chiefs in 1993.

IIRC, his first game with KC- against the at-the-time pathetic Buccaneers with the goofy logo/uniform- was the national game (This was when NBC still covered the AFC).

At the time, the Bucs were the equivalent of today's Pittsburgh Pirates- a terrible team on-the-field with no hope in sight.

I'll bet NBC did the same thing when Montana joined the Chiefs in 1993.

IIRC, his first game with KC- against the at-the-time pathetic Buccaneers with the goofy logo/uniform- was the national game (This was when NBC still covered the AFC)

IMO, that was totally different. The AFC and NBC were starved for a champion back then. The NFC crushed the AFC year after year, and Montana was a MAJOR player in that. Then when an AFC team acquired Montana (and by extension NBC) they latched on to him for dear life. But today, you have the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers who have all been very successful this decade (the three top teams of the '00's BY FAR) and they all play in the AFC and on CBS.

IMO, that was totally different. The AFC and NBC were starved for a champion back then. The NFC crushed the AFC year after year, and Montana was a MAJOR player in that. Then when an AFC team acquired Montana (and by extension NBC) they latched on to him for dear life.

You're right- that was different.

Also, Montana didn't go on and on about what he wanted to do- he went along with it and didn't complain at all.

Montana did a far better job at handling his departure from his long-time team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)