NFL 2009-10 Season

I agree with you sabres. Last game for teams like this locked into the playoffs don't mean much.

They act like they don't want to play Houston at all and are trying to lose this game on purpose.

No it doesn't, it looks like they're getting manhandled by the league's number 1 defense.

That being said, there's little reason to be too creative in the playcalling with only so much to play for. They're clearly playing a pretty hot and determined team.

J-E-T-S in the P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S.

I'm not going to blast the Bengals for not playing everyone.

Imagine the anger from Whodey fans if Palmer got hurt in the second half or Benson blew out a knee.

We saw what happened with Welker, Boldin, Charles Woodson.

For anyone who says that Cincy should have gone for the 3 seed- IIRC, last year's NFC Title game was between the #4 and #6 seeds.

And with that, the 2009 NFL regular season officially ends.

It began in Heinz Field, and it ends in Giants Stadium.

The first touchdown was by Santonio Holmes, the last one by Thomas Jones.

For anyone who says that Cincy should have gone for the 3 seed- IIRC, last year's NFC Title game was between the #4 and #6 seeds.

How does this compare to having facing the number 1 defense in the league (Jets) and then being given an opportunity to topple a Chargers team they nearly beat a couple weeks ago (instead of going to a good Colts dome)? ...and having to possibly play at Foxboro where the Patriots are 9-0 (vs 3-6 in away games)? There were really good reasons to go for the number 3 seed, the Bengals just let it get away from them in the first half so they pulled everyone in the second.

All those people that were criticizing the Colts for what they did last week- I'll be interested to see what they had to say now in light of these developments.

When I heard about Welker's injury, I understood why the Colts did what they did last week.
As was discussed ad nauseum here last week, the Colts situation was different. Most of us who felt that it was wrong for the Colts to lay down was because they still had something to play for: a perfect season and the bragging rights and the immortality that go with it. While I agree with the injury avoidance moves that did take place yesterday, Welker's non-contact type of injury could have happened at any point of the season....

Welker was not the only impact player that got hurt today.

Anquan Boldin and Charles Woodson were also hurt today.

All those people that were criticizing the Colts for what they did last week- I'll be interested to see what they had to say now in light of these developments.

When I heard about Welker's injury, I understood why the Colts did what they did last week.

While I feel for those teams losing key players, injuries are a part of football. The second you start playing "not to get hurt", guess what... you get hurt. Not saying this is what happened in these instances, but what I am saying is that there is no way to prevent injuries from happening. If all the starters were yanked today, who's to say they don't get injured on the first play of the next game?

Sunday Night, national spotlight, last game ever at the Meadowlands, playoff spot on the line for the J-E-T-S.

If they win, Sandra owes Rex Ryan an apology.

No she doesn't. If anything, she needs to write a thank-you card to the teams the Jets played down the stretch who laid down to allow them to prance in the playoffs.

:confused: why would she owe him an apology? i'm sorry but they are being handed a playoff spot after the favor indy did for them last week and the possibility of the bengals doing the same since they don't need this game either.

I agree with that, Rey.

In fact, I wouldn't have been upset (with Belichick) if Welker suffered that injury because of contact (especially where it was the Pats first series).

My point is I don't want to hear Team A (or fans) crying because Team B "didn't help them". ;)

:up:up :D

wow the bengals sure look like they want this game(sarcasm :D). the jets on the other hand sure look like a team with something to play for. so far it doesn't look good for the houston fans.

Braylon Edwards going out on a limb to "guarantee a victory" is like Sabres going out on a limb by calling the Giants "overrated" in Week 17. :D ;)

J-E-T-S in the P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S.

I'm not going to blast the Bengals for not playing everyone.

Imagine the anger from Whodey fans if Palmer got hurt in the second half or Benson blew out a knee.

We saw what happened with Welker, Boldin, Charles Woodson.

Injuries happen. Both on the field of play and during warm-ups. Ask Ochocinco. There is no way to prevent them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)