NFL 2009-10 Season

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Well, another great year of NFL has concluded, lets discuss about next season!
:cool:

Well...this year clearly stated what happened last year...the better defense most of the times will prevail.

The Steelers will be opening up the 2009-10 season on Thursday evening, Sept. 10 at Heinz Field.

The question is, who will their opponent be?

I just don't think FOX will let one of their Steeler games go (they only get two).

Vikings aren't exactly a team that moves the ratings needle.

Green Bay, OTOH... that would be a ratings blockbuster if the Packers can improve their defense.

Vikings aren't exactly a team that moves the ratings needle.

Green Bay, OTOH... that would be a ratings blockbuster if the Packers can improve their defense.

I hear what you're saying, but my point is FOX will fight to keep both their Steelers games.

My guess for opening night 2009: San Diego at Pittsburgh

Tennessee would be my next guess for the night the Steelers raise their championship banner.

Let's not forget about New England. If Brady's back they are gonna be in the hunt. My hope is that the Panthers can actually play well 2 years in a row. We had a great season and have a terrific backfield. Unfortunately Julius Peppers says he wants out and our D melted down at the end the year anyway.

I'm not so sure (hey, a guy can dream ;)), they missed the playoffs this year, and the QB position was NOT the problem.
NE won one less game than the Steelers did. The Patriots would be my pick to win the AFC East. Once they get into the playoffs we know how good Brady can be.

Let's not forget about New England. If Brady's back they are gonna be in the hunt. My hope is that the Panthers can actually play well 2 years in a row. We had a great season and have a terrific backfield. Unfortunately Julius Peppers says he wants out and our D melted down at the end the year anyway.

If he is out, my god, teams will throw money at him....Peppers by far is one of the best pass rushers in the game besides Freeney,Tuck and few others...

Also, I personally think the Pats need to let Matt Cassel go, they need to save money so we can keep our top 3 O Line players, Light,Mankins, Koppen, plus we need to save up for few key players on D, Bruschi and Harrison probably are going to last another 1-2 years at tops, so we need to save up so we can get some good replacements.

It be a huge risk to keep Cassel in...he is great and all, but we just can't afford it if we lose half of our O line because of him.
We can work on the rookie O'connel, with BB , anything can happen.

Also, I personally think the Pats need to let Matt Cassel go, they need to save money so we can keep our top 3 O Line players, Light,Mankins, Koppen, plus we need to save up for few key players on D, Bruschi and Harrison probably are going to last another 1-2 years at tops, so we need to save up so we can get some good replacements.

Never underestimate the importance of the backup QB.

Look at how inept the Cowboys were without Romo and how Byron Leftwich delivered a big win for the Steelers on Monday night in Washington D.C.