NFL 2009-10 Season

As for the Cardinals, they will have to buck the trend that 7 of the last 8 Super bowl losers have failed to make the playoffs the next year.

I like them and think they have a VERY bright future. They have a very good team with a TON of VERY young and VERY good players and one GREAT player! Their whole issue with next year is IF Warner comes back, is Leinart ready?

Really? You really think that? Did you watch the same game as me?

To me, that interception return by James Harrison was the difference.

Really??!! And you don't think the 3 personal fouls in one drive didn't have a hand in them losing. Again, what WON the game was that drive by Big Ben, not some game saving stop in the final seconds....because EVEN with Bolden, Warner and Fitzgerald AND two time out...it was almost impossible to drive 75 yards with 40 seconds left in the game.

That inception was huge...no doubt, but as you can see, the Cards came back and STILL took the lead.

it was and it wasn't. remember that once the cardinals lead with a little over 2 minutes left in the game, that play before the end of the half became history at that point. don't get me wrong,that play was critical at that moment because you didn't want the cards taking the lead before the half and then getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. but the cards overcame that play by harrison once they took the lead. what Ben did there at the end in that last drive with holmes is what won the game. trust me,years from now what you will remember more than anything else is that last drive :)

I agree, except for that TD pass to Fitzgerald, the D did a good job.

i agree. the whole team contributed to winning that game. holding that offense of the cards to that amount of points isn't easy. but the offense had to do what it did there at the end or the steelers lose

You got that right. 14 point swing, that made the difference in this game. It would have changed the game completely if the Card's had scored. They go into the locker room with a lead and the ball in the beginning of the second half. This was the game changing moment, I don't care who scored last, this play changed the game.

You know we have a thread for last years NFL already.

Pats wont let Cassel go, there are some teams that will be interested in trading for them, and they'd have to because the Pats would be willing to keep him otherwise despite the huge cap number ($14 mil if franchised).

Chiefs are expected to be interested (one suggestion was that they could swap first round picks to get Cassel), haven't heard about anyone else contending for him yet.

Important Dates in the upcoming 2009-2010 NFL Season

February 18-24
NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana.

February 19
Deadline for clubs to designate franchise and transition players.

February 26
Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to their restricted free agents whose contracts have expired and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.

Deadline for clubs to submit offer of minimum salary to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three seasons of free agency credit whose contracts have expired.

February 27
Veteran free agency signing period begins. Trading period begins.

March 22-25
NFL Annual (Owners) Meeting, Dana Point, California.

April 17

Signing period ends for restricted free agents.

April 24
Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

April 25-26
NFL Draft, New York City

May 18-20
NFL Spring Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

June 1
Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of season if player is not signed by another club by July 22.

Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights.

June 15
Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting tender of 110 percent of previous year’s salary.

June 28-July 1
NFL Rookie Symposium, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

Mid-July
Training camps open.

July 22
Signing period ends at 4:00 PM ET for unrestricted free agents who received June 1 tender.

August 9
Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio.

August 13-17

First preseason weekend.

September 1
Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players.

September 5
Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players.

September 10-14

Kickoff 2009 Weekend.

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT: RAIDERS TO NAME COORDINATORS

The Oakland Raiders are expected to tab Ted Tollner as offensive coordinator and John Marshall as defensive coordinator, according to the National Football Post.

The Web site cited anonymous sources as the basis of their report.

Toller, 68, is a former head coach at USC and San Diego State and has coached for three decades.

Marshall, 63, is a former Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator.

As we wrote earlier today, interim coach Tom Cable has reportedly been told he’ll be named the head coach soon.

###

Supposedly after all is said and done, the cryptkeeper is going to explain his reasoning for hiring this way. Maybe he had these coaches in mind and didnt want anyone to snatch them out. Aside for fans of those teams, anyone heard of these people?

Unrelated, and probably worthy of another thread later on, Jim Fassel is expected to be named the coach of the Vegas UFL team.

This is BOTH sad and hilarious. SAD because unlike Lions fans, to Raiders fans, Matt Millen will NEVER be know as a loser, but one of the greatest linebacks in Raiders history. HILARIOUS because it takes some balls by the local television station to do this.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 pm EST

Matt Millen's NBC commentary comes with a warning label

By MJD

NBC might want to trot Matt Millen out in front of the cameras like nothing ever happened, but WDIV, NBC's affiliate in Detroit, isn't about to forgive or forget what he did to the Lions. From the Detroit Free Press:

Every time a certain familiar face showed up on camera Sunday during NBC's Super Bowl pregame show, Channel 4 ran a scroll at the bottom of the screen:

"Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?"

Ah, if only the NFL was like professional wrestling. Matt Millen could put on a mask, get a new set of tights, and just like that, have a whole new identity. "Hi, I'm Bob Costas, alongside Jerome Bettis and The Masked Franchise Destroyer ... "

He will forever be Matt Millen, though, and the name Matt Millen will forever be synonymous with losing. I've written about this before, and I don't think that being an absolute train wreck of a general manager means that Matt Millen couldn't also be a good analyst.

At the same time, of course, I also couldn't blame anyone in Detroit if they held a grudge against Millen for the next, oh, 1,000 years or so. I'll readily admit that if he did that kind of a hatchet job on my favorite team, I'd have no interest in ever hearing any ignorant word that ever came out of his mouth.

Outstanding work, Channel 4. I think this is something we can expand and use in all sports, on all networks. When Tony Kornheiser starts talking on Monday nights, we can have a scrolling warning that reads, "CAUTION: In two years of work here, this man has never said anything that has added any value whatsoever to a broadcast, and we seriously doubt that he's going to start now."

Matt Millen's NBC commentary comes with a warning label - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

This is BOTH sad and hilarious. SAD because unlike Lions fans, to Raiders fans, Matt Millen will NEVER be know as a loser, but one of the greatest linebacks in Raiders history. HILARIOUS because it takes some balls by the local television station to do this.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 pm EST

Matt Millen's NBC commentary comes with a warning label

By MJD

NBC might want to trot Matt Millen out in front of the cameras like nothing ever happened, but WDIV, NBC's affiliate in Detroit, isn't about to forgive or forget what he did to the Lions. From the Detroit Free Press:

Every time a certain familiar face showed up on camera Sunday during NBC's Super Bowl pregame show, Channel 4 ran a scroll at the bottom of the screen:

"Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?"

Ah, if only the NFL was like professional wrestling. Matt Millen could put on a mask, get a new set of tights, and just like that, have a whole new identity. "Hi, I'm Bob Costas, alongside Jerome Bettis and The Masked Franchise Destroyer ... "

He will forever be Matt Millen, though, and the name Matt Millen will forever be synonymous with losing. I've written about this before, and I don't think that being an absolute train wreck of a general manager means that Matt Millen couldn't also be a good analyst.

At the same time, of course, I also couldn't blame anyone in Detroit if they held a grudge against Millen for the next, oh, 1,000 years or so. I'll readily admit that if he did that kind of a hatchet job on my favorite team, I'd have no interest in ever hearing any ignorant word that ever came out of his mouth.

Outstanding work, Channel 4. I think this is something we can expand and use in all sports, on all networks. When Tony Kornheiser starts talking on Monday nights, we can have a scrolling warning that reads, "CAUTION: In two years of work here, this man has never said anything that has added any value whatsoever to a broadcast, and we seriously doubt that he's going to start now."

Matt Millen's NBC commentary comes with a warning label - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1688509-post22.html

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT: RAIDERS TO NAME COORDINATORS

The Oakland Raiders are expected to tab Ted Tollner as offensive coordinator and John Marshall as defensive coordinator, according to the National Football Post.

The Web site cited anonymous sources as the basis of their report.

Toller, 68, is a former head coach at USC and San Diego State and has coached for three decades.

Marshall, 63, is a former Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator.

As we wrote earlier today, interim coach Tom Cable has reportedly been told he’ll be named the head coach soon.

###

Supposedly after all is said and done, the cryptkeeper is going to explain his reasoning for hiring this way. Maybe he had these coaches in mind and didnt want anyone to snatch them out. Aside for fans of those teams, anyone heard of these people?

Unrelated, and probably worthy of another thread later on, Jim Fassel is expected to be named the coach of the Vegas UFL team.

Hmmm...have you ever heard of the Jim Caldwell...Colts, Raheem Moris...Bucs?! I don't see you mentioning THEIR names...why, because of your dislike of the Raiders is so biased that you HAVE to point them out.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts