NFL 2009-10 Season

Mark it down you heard it first here....The Lions will win a Game..lol

Ok, I have gain my mind again. I think the pats having to franchise Cassel, thats alot for a backup? Unless they know something we dont and even then, what a shot of Cassel to get top five QB money

April 25-26
NFL Draft, New York City

Here in Michigan we refer this day to the Lions superbowl

I was posting an article, not a recap of the coaching carousel?

So this means you're happy with these hires? Tom Cable, with these 2 guys, your road to the promised land, renewed commitment to excellence? Isn't it frustrating to have such incredible talent called busts and disappointments (on the radio this morning they were calling Russel a bust... which is premature and stupid, and McFadden was named SI's most disappointing RB this year or something... also unfair... not bad to sit/part-time a RB when you've got a 'hot' one in Fargas).

Caldwell and Morris weren't news, Dungy leaving and Gruden being fired were, and they were discussed I believe, I didn't need to bring them up. The longest coaching search and most unorthodox way of hiring staff is certainly news. Weren't these two built-in replacements anyways?

To quote a Raiders fan on a Raiders forum:

Year after year we hire coaches that no one else is interested in. It used be great when the reasoning was that AL knew something that they didn't. Sadly the reasoning is that the only coaches that will work here are ones that can't get jobs anywhere else.

Jeez, I don't remember hearing anyone else even interviewing these guys!

If the Cardinals could win the Super Bowl, then maybe the Browns could make it to next year's big game.

Let me count thy ways:

1. A healthy Joe Jurevicius

2. An easier out-of-division schedule- the mediocre NFC North and the pathetic AFC West

3. Loading up on defense in the NFL Draft

If the Cardinals could win the Super Bowl, then maybe the Browns could make it to next year's big game.

Let me count thy ways:

1. A healthy Joe Jurevicius

2. An easier out-of-division schedule- the mediocre NFC North and the pathetic AFC West

3. Loading up on defense in the NFL Draft

I like the way you think Sabres!!! Woooo hoooOO!!! :D

Really? You really think that? Did you watch the same game as me?

To me, that interception return by James Harrison was the difference.

Not to mention the fumble he recovered too.

I was posting an article, not a recap of the coaching carousel?

So this means you're happy with these hires? Tom Cable, with these 2 guys, your road to the promised land, renewed commitment to excellence? Isn't it frustrating to have such incredible talent called busts and disappointments (on the radio this morning they were calling Russel a bust... which is premature and stupid, and McFadden was named SI's most disappointing RB this year or something... also unfair... not bad to sit/part-time a RB when you've got a 'hot' one in Fargas).

Caldwell and Morris weren't news, Dungy leaving and Gruden being fired were, and they were discussed I believe, I didn't need to bring them up. The longest coaching search and most unorthodox way of hiring staff is certainly news. Weren't these two built-in replacements anyways?

To quote a Raiders fan on a Raiders forum:

Funny how a Las Vegas radio station...that has NO TIES or NO possible inside scoop on the Raiders...commenting on how two of the franchise players are bust when they only looked at 2 players...and not the whole team.:rolleyes: Yeah, that station has credibility....LOL! And your sample size is ONE Raider fan....?!! JUST ONE??!! You gotta be kidding right....? ONE?!

Well.. I could also quote BlackHitachi on this very forum now... I could have quoted many more but what would have that accomplished... and the [ESPN] radio station didnt call McFadden the most disappointing RB... Sports Illustrated did... and then I defended both of those players from each of those criticisms... I'm very jealous of the talent you've had in Oakland for a few years now, it's a shame the coaching has never been there to get them to play as a team and at the level they should be. Absent that they're all busts till another team picks them up and makes them gold (see also: Randy Moss).

Some Chiefs stuff today... LJ and Gonzo both reiterating their desire to get out, though I think Gonzo would be open to staying depending on the coaching hire and direction of the team. Some mocks have us taking a DE and not a QB... shoring up the line and giving Thigpen a chance might be viable, but he has to be able to operate out of a non-gadget offense (wildcat/spread) and do some more traditional stuff too. They went to that since he never really had a chance to prepare, was just kinda tossed into the role.

LJ could just end up being the next Chad Johnson, another example that the player can't fire the team.

Last edited:
I wonder who will be making the playoffs next year..
:) You never know...

Patriots slapped the franchise tag on Cassel today.

He will now count for $14.6 million against the cap.

I've heard the term before, but how do you define the term "franchise tag" or franchise player?
A quick Google of the term returns this:

A team can designate a single player as its franchise player and therefore restrict the player from entering free agency. In return, the team must pay the player a premium salary. The NFL requires that a franchise player be paid at least the average of the top 5 players in the league at his position, or 120% of his previous year's salary, whichever is greater. The franchise player status lasts for only 1 year and can be renewed, but if not renewed the player is granted unrestricted free agency.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_player"]Franchise player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]