NFL 2009-10 Season

This Saints-Dolphins game is turning into the game of the year!:up
it was but sadly we lost. honestly i thought the fins were going to get killed but it was a heck of a game. collapse began when sparano called a stupid timeout before the half ended allowing brees to sneak in for a td instead of a field goal. they adjusted really well and we couldn't readjust :(

it was but sadly we lost. honestly i thought the fins were going to get killed but it was a heck of a game. collapse began when sparano called a stupid timeout before the half ended allowing brees to sneak in for a td instead of a field goal. they adjusted really well and we couldn't readjust :(
I'm still amazed at how Miami's running game has turned around this season. I thought Ricky Williams was done a long time ago, but those Dolphin coaches are really getting their money's worth out of him and have that part of the offense at full throttle. They took advantage of every Saints mistake when they needed to. Wish I could've watched that game instead of sitting at that Bengals/Bears onesider. :)

I'm still amazed at how Miami's running game has turned around this season. I thought Ricky Williams was done a long time ago, but those Dolphin coaches are really getting their money's worth out of him and have that part of the offense at full throttle. They took advantage of every Saints mistake when they needed to. Wish I could've watched that game instead of sitting at that Bengals/Bears onesider. :)
yeah i agree. we do need to find a receiver next season. ginn keeps dropping some stupid easy passes. the TE fasano also has a case of the butter hands this season. fins need to say see ya to him also. our secondary actually looks promising despite the points brees put up in the 2nd half. fins scared them like no one else has so far

We still have 3 UNDEFEATED teams at this point of the season for the 1st time in NFL history.
Colts, Saints and Bronco's

Vikings left this party today losing to the Steeler's.

Wow. First time in history. Thought for sure this had happened before.

Just got back from the Bengals game. WTF did they have for breakfast!? Bears seemed to be shell shocked after the first half.

Yup, thats what they said today after the games.

yeah i agree. we do need to find a receiver next season. ginn keeps dropping some stupid easy passes. the TE fasano also has a case of the butter hands this season. fins need to say see ya to him also. our secondary actually looks promising despite the points brees put up in the 2nd half. fins scared them like no one else has so far

Hartline and Camarillo looked like they can catch.

Wow. First time in history. Thought for sure this had happened before.

Just got back from the Bengals game. WTF did they have for breakfast!? Bears seemed to be shell shocked after the first half.

frosted%2Bflakes.jpg

Interestingly, the Directv Blimp was at the Steeler's game and now at the yankees game .... How fast does that thing travel ?

370 miles apart, I guess it could have just got there and I don't remember how late in the game I saw it in Pittsburgh.

Interestingly, the Directv Blimp was at the Steeler's game and now at the yankees game .... How fast does that thing travel ?

370 miles apart, I guess it could have just got there and I don't remember how late in the game I saw it in Pittsburgh.

For those that are interested, the Goodyear Blimp goes 53 MPH tops.

Thoughts on Week 7 NFL action:

1. How the hell did the Eagles lose to the Raiders last week!!!!

2. Just 7 weeks into the season and there are already 5 teams with a minus 100 or worse point differential(Browns, Titans, Raiders, Bucs and Rams)...that means on average they are spotting teams 2 TD's....

3....the way things are going I'll just group those 5 as NOT 10 Number 1a-e......Yuck!

4. Don't look now but the Cardinals are 2-0 this season in the Eastern Time Zone.

5. How much longer are the Carolina Panthers going to keep starting Jake Delhomme...since the playoff debacle last season he's been damaged goods.

6. In spite of all the crappy teams, November has some epic matchups...IND/NE...NE/NO...NYG/DEN...and oh yeah, "F"-Bowl II. :)

5. How much longer are the Carolina Panthers going to keep starting Jake Delhomme...since the playoff debacle last season he's been damaged goods.
It really does seem like he's finished. :( Unfortunately the Panthers have no one else who can play this year, which sucks because with their running game they could still be good. Maybe we can get a good QB in the draft next year.

Airwaves: Breaking down the best NFL scoop men

Airwaves: Breaking down the best NFL scoop men | San Francisco Examiner#

The following list IDs the NFL’s scoop team:
ESPN: Chris Mortensen is the lead dog here. Mort has an over-inflated opinion of himself and how much he knows about football. That being said, he does get the information. Coaches give it to him because they know in the long run, he might impact their careers. Mort is also all over ESPN radio on a daily basis. John Clayton might be the hardest working scoop guy in the country. The “professor” also has numerous insider connections and is well-liked and trusted. Trust is the key to being successful in this line of work. Adam Schefter, who last August left the NFL Network to join ESPN, has many high-level contacts in the league office and over the years has broken numerous scoops.

NBC: Peter King, doubling up on his day job from Sports Illustrated, handles the duties on “Football Night in America.” This pompous native of my homeland, the great state of New Jersey, rarely gets new info. He gives more opinions than scoop. In addition, I really wonder if he speaks with Brett Favre as much as he says.

Fox: Although behind-the-scenes man John Czarnecki does a great deal of the work that comes through the studio show, Jay Glazer is outstanding as the front man. Glazer, who is the sidekick of Michael Strahan, has many close friends that are players. He is a hip guy who can relate and get solid info from today’s athletes. Over the past few years, his on-air presence has improved dramatically.

CBS: On “The NFL on CBS” show, Charley Casserly, the ex-Redskins and Texans GM, is referred to as the general manager and not the scoop guy. However, he is a scoop guy because he has deep ties with administrators on all teams. Charlie works hard, gets good solid info, but is not Jay Leno on TV.

RANT: Cleveland Style

Another kick in the stomach on Sunday for this Cleveland fan.

To say that I'm disapointed in my Browns and Mangini would be a HUGE understatement. All I wanted to see this season was progress. Is that too much to ask for? Instead, Coach Gloop traded away all of our talent, mismanaged the QB situation and ruined our hopeful franchise QB (Quinn).

We've become a national laughing stock. Each week we're in the news being berated by a different national outlet. We stink so bad, even music magazines are taking notice.

In looking towards the future, I see no hope. How does this team ever expect to lure top notch free agents? Do they seriously think any legitimate player would want to come play for this mess of a franchise? What an embarrassment we've become! What has Cleveland ever done to deserve this type of punishment?! We've been suffering for too long. Please sports gods, call off the dogs. This town can't take the punishment any more.

:eek: :( :mad:

Another kick in the stomach on Sunday for this Cleveland fan.

To say that I'm disapointed in my Browns and Mangini would be a HUGE understatement. All I wanted to see this season was progress. Is that too much to ask for? Instead, Coach Gloop traded away all of our talent, mismanaged the QB situation and ruined our hopeful franchise QB (Quinn).

We've become a national laughing stock. Each week we're in the news being berated by a different national outlet. We stink so bad, even music magazines are taking notice.

In looking towards the future, I see no hope. How does this team ever expect to lure top notch free agents? Do they seriously think any legitimate player would want to come play for this mess of a franchise? What an embarrassment we've become! What has Cleveland ever done to deserve this type of punishment?! We've been suffering for too long. Please sports gods, call off the dogs. This town can't take the punishment any more.

:eek: :( :mad:

We survived Mangini...and even worse, Rich Kotite. You will too. :)

Sandra

Sandra, feel free to take the "Monday Morning QB thoughts" thread today. My heart just isn't in it this morning.

I was at a nephew's soccer game in the afternoon and I didn't turn on the Red Zone channel until 5:30. I don't feel qualified to comment this week.

Why did the Saints/Dolphins game run so late? The fourth quarter didn't start until after 7 PM.

Sandra

For those that are interested, the Goodyear Blimp goes 53 MPH tops.
Interesting. I wonder how long and at what distance does it take to stop a blimp going 53mph in a tailwind? I watched this thing (or one of fleet) land at it's base in Houston years ago. Pretty impressive. I would love to ride in one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts