NFL 2009-10 Season

Yep, looks like some Raider or Raider fan DID take your girl away and rejected that credit application at the local Ace Hardware store because all this so-called "dirty play" was being done by every single team in the league...the only difference was the Raiders were winning and they were one of the more visible teams.LOL!!

The dirtiest team in the league, for decades! Get away with more crap, like the infamous S.D. game, where they were guilty of intentionally fumbling, throwing a loose ball and kicking a loose ball and being awarded a TD.
Like Al says: "Just win, Baby". The "Holy roller" wasn't against the rules at the time. No one had ever been creative enough to try the forward fumble.

That's okay, 13 straight losses and counting to the Bolts as of today. Karma's a b*tch.

Are you disputing that the Raiders are the dirtiest team in the history of the NFL??? Really? :rolleyes:

I think even John Madden would disagree with you. ;)

What proof do you have YOUR team or any other team was not doing the same thing at the time?! LMAO! ANYTHING the Raiders of old did, OTHER teams were doing it also. They were not the dirties team in the league...they were the dumbest team getting caught....:rolleyes:;)

Did Ben sustain a concussion? If so, it's not wise to comeback too early from head injuries. You saw what happened when Brian Westbrook decided to come back too early.

All I heard was from the post I linked.

I doubt that Tomlin would put him in danger, so I doubt that doctors found anything serious enough to keep him out.

Remember, just because you get hit, doesn't mean your concussed, I ralize that concussions are a BIG deal, but now days, your considered to have a concussion as a precaution, till they look closer
Better to be cautious than not, but not everyone has one when they get hit.

Linemen get hit in the head on about every play, but you don't see them going out every other play.

Polamalu isn't turning the ball over. You can craft what if's and stuff for him playing the game and making a difference, but the problem is more than just him.

Hell ya, there's a lot of things wrong at the moment.
The Kick off coverage stinks and should be an easy fix.

The O line plays well one game and not the next, but thats been happening for many years now.

"the only difference was the Raiders were winning and they were one of the more visible teams.LOL!!"

Let's see. How many years ago was that? Or was it Decades?

My point exactly! Look at the whole Patriots "Beli-cheat" fiasco. Would ANYONE give a sh** if the Pats sucked??!! NO! They were the top team and they were on TV ALL THE TIME....and they were more visible.

There isn't a team in the NFL that didn't do what Belli-jerk was doing....

I know what you mean, but they always try to fill the most glaring needs with spare parts that others didn't want.
With the exception to Matt Stafford which I thought was a very good choice, IF they get others to help out and they still need ALL of a D. Thye have probably 2 players on D that would play on a good team.

Louis Delmas (S) was a good pick at #33. They had a solid draft last year, and everybody they drafted is contributing, which is more than I can say for all of Millen's drafts. They took the best player regardless of position, which isn't a bad idea considering that they had (have) holes at every position. They do need to look very hard at both lines in the coming draft. The D-line couldn't get past my grandmothers,(rest their dear souls), and the O-line couldn't block my grandfathers. (Rest their dear souls also). Stafford is getting pounded on a weekly basis, and the CB's can't cover WR's when the opposing QB's get 4-5 seconds to throw. I don't care who you have back there.

The problem is, that even with another really good draft, the new players will still be rookies, and will play accordingly. This team is two seasons away from being respectable, at least 3 seasons till they can consider the playoffs. That's a lot of time for Lion's management to still screw the pooch. And they will.:rant:

Louis Delmas (S) was a good pick at #33. They had a solid draft last year, and everybody they drafted is contributing, which is more than I can say for all of Millen's drafts. They took the best player regardless of position, which isn't a bad idea considering that they had (have) holes at every position. They do need to look very hard at both lines in the coming draft. The D-line couldn't get past my grandmothers,(rest their dear souls), and the O-line couldn't block my grandfathers. (Rest their dear souls also). Stafford is getting pounded on a weekly basis, and the CB's can't cover WR's when the opposing QB's get 4-5 seconds to throw. I don't care who you have back there.

The problem is, that even with another really good draft, the new players will still be rookies, and will play accordingly. This team is two seasons away from being respectable, at least 3 seasons till they can consider the playoffs. That's a lot of time for Lion's management to still screw the pooch. And they will.:rant:

3 years till the playoffs .... could be reasonable.
I remember a time when the experts picked the lions to make the playoffs yearly and they always came up short.
I think Herman Moore was playing back then.

I would love to see the Lions competative , but I'm not expecting it, unless they bring in a Parcells and make sure he doesn't leave after a year or two.

The Giants have really hit the skids since that 5-0 start.

Last year, I got criticized for ripping the Giants when they looked so good the first 12 games of the year and picking against them seemingly every week.

This year, I have picked them to win in all but one game- week 2 against Dallas- and they've lost every time I picked them!

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, not wanting to rip on them after the previous year, but I can't hold it back.

This team is on the skids.

Talk about a role-reversal.

Well....My Raiders played an almost mistake free game with not too many penalties. But alas, they just lost to a more well rounded team. We have a VERY young WR core that are constantly being schooled by more experienced DB/CB on how to get off the the line of scimmage. Once our WRs learn how to get off the line better, our QB will have time to throw.

Disappointed, but not pissed or very upset after yesterday's loss.

gosteelers2

Jeff Reed is probably the Steelers best field goal kicker of all time but why don't they just place a "designated kicker" on the roster who can kick balls past the end zone on kickoffs? That would solve a lot of their kick off issues.

(Dallas has a designated kicker)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts