NFL 2009-10 Season

You're forgetting...they're the Saints, God bless 'em. They will find a way to screw this up. They always do. :D

The Saints will lose a game as much as I hate the Cowboys it will likely be them. They only beat the Patriots because they have no defensive line. The Patriots have ZERO pass rush. I would like nothing more than to see the Vikings play them. With the Vikes Defensive line, Running backs and one the greatest quarterbacks ever they are better suited to represent the NFC.

...With the Vikes Defensive line, Running backs and one the greatest quarterbacks ever they are better suited to represent the NFC.
The Vikings...right...what a nice change of pace that would be...:sleeo

Who have the Vikings played so far? Not anybody really, except for Pittsburgh - and lost that one. Saying they are a more complete team right now than the Saints is just ignoring the obvious (something that seems to happen a lot up here in the great north
greengrin.gif
).

Last edited:
This game started out as a shoot-out w/both qb's on the money. the tide turned when Mike-off the bus-Mckenzie intercepted Brady. That seemed to deflate the Pats and re-invigorate the Saints. The Pats had no pass rush because they focused on the run and 'prayed' the LB's & DB's could cover Rec'vrs-WRONG! Brees has sooo many weapons and with his quick release-he was lethal. Once Coach Payton figured it out-he not only took Moss out of the game but Welker as well-VERY smart. If my Pats can't be in the SB then what a treat it would be to have Saints/Colts! Or-Minn./Colts. BTW: I have NEVER seen any coach take Welker out of a game! Paul

It doesn't really matter though. The Pats seem to be pretty safe for a playoff spot (2 game lead in the East with all the tiebreakers). BUT, their shot at the #2 seed took a severe hit tonight....
And all us Chargers fans here say "thank you" to the Saints and Drew Brees. :)

Yup, that's what I'm thinking also.

I think the loser will get the #3 seed, and the Patriots the #4 seed.

Actually, the Pats will probably get the #3 seed, last night was an NFC loss, not really that damning if they each lose another game.

@Indy and @New Orleans. Man I wish we had the Chargers or Bengals schedule, those are really tough.:eek:

My updated playoff predictions:

AFC

1. Indy (bye)
2. San Diego (bye)

Wildcard round
(6) Pittsburgh at (3) Cincinnati
(5) Denver at (4) New England

NFC

1. New Orleans (bye)
2. Minnesota (bye)

Wildcard round
(6) Green Bay at (3) Philly
(5) Dallas at (4) Arizona

These would be the matchups on Wildcard Weekend if the season ended today (per cbssports.com):

AFC

Jacksonville at San Diego
Denver at New England

NFC

Green Bay at Dallas
Philadelphia at Arizona

UFL players getting sniffs at the next level

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2009 9:04 PM ET

Now that the UFL season has ended, their players are free to join the NFL.

And several of them are getting their tires kicked.

On Tuesday alone, at least seven UFL players worked out for NFL teams. They are: running back DeDe Dorsey (Browns), defensive back Michael Grant (Browns), tackle Jeremy Parquet (Browns), receiver Taye Biddle (Vikings), kicker Graham Gano (Giants), punter Danny Baugher (Buccaneers), defensive back Matteral Richardson (Buccaneers).

Three UFL players already have been signed by NFL teams: kicker Matt Bryant (Falcons), tight end Jake Nordin (Lions), linebacker Quinton Culberson (Panthers).

Anyone excited about the Bills/Jets game in Toronto?

Being a big NFL fan in general and an AFC East fan in particular, I'll watch some of it.

That being said, I'll give equal or more time to Celtics-Spurs on TNT and Oregon St.-Oregon on ESPN................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)